Re: Windows 8 and the UPD (386 Views)
Advisor
Nancy Rickard_1
Message 1 of 4 (442 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 and the UPD

We're currently testing Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit and I have come across an issue with print drivers that I need some help with.

We use the HP UPD version 5.1 (32-bit machines) and 5.2 (64-bit machines).  This is the only version we could find that is stable with both Citrix and the print servers at our facilities.

Unfortunately, this driver doesn't seem to play well with Windows 8.  The driver installs fine but when I try to map to a shared printer on the server it tells me the driver is incorrect.

It works without issue going direct to the printer via IP port.

The print server is Server 2003 32-bit.  I do get the same issue when I try to map to a shared printer on Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit) so I think the issue is Windows 8.

The version of the driver we are using works great on Windows Embedded (thin clients), XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Is there a newer driver available that works on Windows 8?  Where can I get a copy of it for testing?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Wolf-D
Message 2 of 4 (397 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and the UPD

Hello Nancy,

We have a newer version at www.hp.com/go/upd. Version is 5.5.0.12834.

In case you encourter issues with this version as well... I highly recommend you to report the issue to tech support (over the phone), they will be glad to create a ticket for you and if the issue is not resolved they coudl engage high level technicians to work in a solution.

Regards,

Wolf-D

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
printnk
Message 3 of 4 (386 Views)

Hi Nancy,

Future relase of UPD version 5.6 will be supported version of UPD on Win 8.

Please refer the link www.hp.com/go/windows8 for more information.

Below is the direct link, which will give you a list of all the supported printer models with UPD on Windows 8.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c03365145

Hope it Helps.

Thanks

" I work for HP"

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nancy Rickard_1
Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)

Thank you both.

We'll try the current release of the UPD, hopefully that will resolve it.

If not we'll wait for 5.6.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation