Windows 7 - Color Laser Jet 3600n (632 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (632 Views)

Windows 7 - Color Laser Jet 3600n

I have not been able to install this printer onto my new W7 PC using the recommended drivers ( HP_CLJ_3600_64bit_HB ). I finally got it to show installed as my default printer but had no functionality, could not print from MS Word, could not print test sheet, nothing.

W7 does not have any generic deivers for the 3600n so I feel pretty stuck for the moment. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

S
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 8 (632 Views)

Re: Windows 7 - Color Laser Jet 3600n

Saul, My 3600n is working to full functionality with the 64 bit Vista software on my new 7 Pro 64 bit. It's been one of the few bright spots with my HP printers and Windows 7. Still waiting on others. You may want to verify that something else is not creating problems. Download latest Vista X64 from HP's site? No specific suggestion, but my mine is working. Chad
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 8 (632 Views)

Chad,

It's good to hear your 3600n is working in W7. You are among the few, the proud in this regard according to the other posts I searched in this forum.

I tried working through HP tech support yesterday and today. TS advised that HP has officially changed it's mind and WILL be working up W7 drivers for the 3600 series. The bad news is that arrival time is sometime first quarter of 2010, perhaps up to three months from now. Until then, I have an expensive paperweight on my desk and no print capability.

They also advised they were aware that most folks trying W7 OS and the Vista drivers do not get this to work. Either it won't install, it installs and won't print, it prints but reverses greyscale and other such problems. The only even partially successful ones they found were people using W7 Professional ( I have W7 Home Premium, too bad for me ).

I was forwarded to "Customer Relations" which was no help at all. HP offered nothing for my trouble, just apology. I have to go out and buy another expensive printer or not have any print capability for up to three months. And that's it from HP.

That's a lousy attitude and performance from a company which claims to be a leader, especially in printers. All they are leading me to is another expensive new printer ( of another brand ), a complete waste of money IMHO.

I further plan to contact the Federal Trade Commission regarding failure of warranty.

It's HP's bad at this point. I am not so bothered by the somewhat obvious and careless ( to be kind, cheap is more like the proper description ) failure to do the W7 drivers for these printers in the first place. Bad things can happen in even the best of companies.

What really gets me upset is HP's so sorry but no help attitude towards the mess they created. If they had a corporate brain or conscience, they would do something to make this right with their customers. Give some kind of replacement, even a temporary replacement with a "reconditioned" unit that has W7 drivers. Provide a coupon for a major discount on an HP replacement that has W7 drivers. Something. But they are doing nothing except make excuses.

As much as I like HP printer quality and have previously enjoyed good service on their products, this is a deal breaker for me.
Saul
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 8 (632 Views)

I'm also waiting for Windows 7 drivers. I've tried to get my printer to work with a new Win 7 system but no luck. I can see the printer on the network but can't print. At least I have another desktop and a laptop running XP and Vista that do print. My nice new powerful Win 7 system is relegated to saving a document for the old computers to print.
Occasional Contributor
Message 5 of 8 (632 Views)

FWIW Win& x64 I could not get my printer HP LJ 1018 to respond to any print commands. Nothing would show in the que from a "print test page" Installed latest driver etc. I had been installing the driver with the printer connected, but the solution was: (after removing the printer from the devices and printers screen) was to unplug the usb cable, install the same driver and when the installation was finished, I plugged in the USB cable, let Win7 find the printer it did the driver install (assuming using the latest driver downloaded and installed) and it worked. Same driver, just a different method of installing it.
Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 8 (632 Views)

I am having the same problem(s) I just got a new laptop and it of course has Windows 7. I have the Color LaserJet 3600n and my computer will not/cannot detect it on our network, the installation disc will not work with Windows 7, the 3600 series for SOME reason is NOT listed on the page you go to download drives, and when I talked to the so called HP Tech Support, they said it would cost me $39 to have them help me get it downloaded! I also have a HP 1220c DeskJet that does not work and they say is too old.They say if I had XP or Vista, they would then download.
I would greatly appreciate any help!
Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (632 Views)

"obtain driver" just shows a page with printer models, not a download.
Is there no driver???
Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 8 (632 Views)

I have been asking for a solution for quite some time. The "work around" doesnt work. The driver is "being developed".
Lets see.....its only been 2 and 1/2 years now. Should be any day............
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.