Windows 7 64 bit can't find Laserjet P2015dn *.inf print driver file when installing (836 Views)
Occasional Visitor
runcoach
Message 1 of 1 (836 Views)

Windows 7 64 bit can't find Laserjet P2015dn *.inf print driver file when installing

Hello,

I am trying to print from my Windows 7 64 bit laptop to a Laserjet P2015dn printer shared by a Windows XP Pro machine on the same network.  When I try to add the printer, I can find the computer and the printer appears, but when I select the printer and click next, a "Connect to Printer" window pops up saying it can't find the drver, so I click OK to find one manually.  The file "*.inf" is needed and I browse for it.  I have looked in the pcl6-x64 folder and the pcl5-x64 folder and can't find it.  There are lots of files but none work.  Help please, this is really annoying.  I tried hooking the printer up directly via ethernet to the network and that did not work.  At least by sharing, the other Windows XP Pro machines could add the printer fine but our newer Windows 7 laptops hook up wirelessly to the network and cannot connect to the printer.  It seems to be a WinXP Pro vs Win 7 issue.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.