01-07-2010 02:02 PM
Thousands thanks from Berlin for your help efforts.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-14-2010 04:57 AM
This is how I fixed the issue.
I installed VirtualPC under Windows 7. It comes for free with a number of Windows 7 versions. Under Virtual PC XP I installed 3 apps and the HP1010 drivers for XP.
App one Word Viewer (free)
App two Excel Viewer (free) and
App three Adobe PDF Reader (free).
I also loaded pdf995 in Windows 7 which is a free PDF converter.
I put a shortcut for Apps 1 to 3 on my desktop in Windows 7.
So now when I have a word doc ready to print in Windows 7, I use the shortcut to MS Word Viewer and simply load the DOC file and print it.
95% of my files I print are either Word or Excel. Everything else I "print to PDF" in Windows 7 and now use the link on my desktop
to the Adobe Reader under Virtual PC and simply print the PDF file to my HP1010.
I now can print 100% docs in Windows 7 with my HP1010.
01-20-2010 06:18 AM
Printer should be offline and Automatic Updates disabled. Othervise Windows will automatically download drivers from the updates.
1. Download the XP driver for HP Laserjet 1010. ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
2. Go to Devices and Printers and click the Add Printer button.
3. Click Add a Local Printer.
4. Check Use an Existing Port: LPT1.
5. Select Have Disk and Browse to the location where you have downloaded the XP driver. Select HP1010U.inf file.
6. It will give you an error. It is because the local Printer spooler service has stopped. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and in the list find Printer Spooler service and with the right click select start. Now go back to the window for installing the printer and click next. It will give you an error that a printer with the same name already exists. Click cancel, go to Devices and printers and refresh the page. You should find the printer with the name you gave. Now right click the Icon, select printer properties and in ports select Dot4.
7. Turn on the printer. Windows should now find the driver for it.
8. When installing the printer on the network you will get the error like in step6. Just restart Printer spooling service on the local machine and it will work.
01-30-2010 01:21 PM
I used LaserJet 3050's driver because it's included in my Windows 7 64bit.
1. go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers
2. Add a printer, add a local printer
3. Use an existing port - DOT4 001
4. Choose HP 3050's driver from the list
Anyway, it's a shame that HP forgot about this printer
04-12-2010 01:29 PM
Very Happy Greetings from Berlin.
05-11-2010 03:09 AM
Sher from Taiwan
05-13-2010 10:34 AM
Update: sometimes i can print, sometimes, dont...
08-04-2010 11:37 PM
Is it the same procedure to install the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 series ?
Would you have à link to up date et get the update ?
Thanks a lot for your help,
12-26-2010 05:26 PM
thanks very much track-R you r a genius. I spent 5 hours on the support and net till i find your genius idea. my Hp1010 is now working...... thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
05-10-2012 07:01 AM
ขอบคุณมากครับ ใช้ได้ดีเลยสำหรับ ไดร์เวอร์ HP Laserjet 3050 PCL5 สามารถใช้แทน HP Laserjet 1010 ได้เลยสำหรับผู้ที่ใช้งานวินโดว์ 7 นะครับ เพราะไดร์เวอร์รุ่นนี้ จะไม่ซัพพอร์ตวินโดว์7 ครับ ขอบคุณมากๆครับ ความรุ้แบ่งปันครับ
05-10-2012 07:05 AM
07-22-2012 11:51 PM
This is the best solution and it works perfect with windows 7. Besides it is very easy to install with the built in driver. Thanks a lot and Hats off to you sir for the easy directions. I was about to discard my printer which was just slightly used.
07-25-2012 04:48 AM
- DOT4 001 is not showing up under existing port list. There are COM, LPT etc ports.
- I created new port and typed DOT4 001 .. then the whole list of printers showed up. Then I installed HP 3050 PCL5 (hp) file. Again there were 4 options. So not sure it was correct guess?
- Then Printer got installed, but test page do not come.
- I tried installing fron network printer, that do not detect Hp Laserjet 1010
- The HP installation CD do not work, it does not detect.
I have Windows 7 .. what next precautions are required in installing printer "being used in the network" ?
Will this protocol work for Network computer's printer's installation, and if DOT4 can work only on USB?
09-10-2012 11:36 PM
Hi, i was also facing same problem, but i am happly able to use my hp laserjet 1010 printer without downloading any dirver on my windows 7 (64 bit) os. I am giving u path.
Device and printer>add a printer> add a local printer> select port DOT4_01> HP LaserJet 3050PCL5> DONE/FINISH
Normally up to this setting it sud work, but in my case it didnt work. Then i did some modifications in setting
Device and printer>double click on HP 3050 PLC5 Printer> Customerise ur printer> Port> select DOT4_001,DOT4_002,USB001> Enable printer pooling> apply.
10-06-2012 08:56 PM
Thousands thanks from Berlin for your help efforts