Re: Very slow printing envelopes - Color Laserjet 2600N (526 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dana Denlinger
Message 1 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Very slow printing envelopes - Color Laserjet 2600N

OK, I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 SP2 to print a sending address only on a standard business envelope. My color laserjet 2600N takes about 3 minutes in between each envelope. I can have 20 of them queued up in the time I get the first two printed out and it will literally take 45 minutes to print the remaining queued envelopes. The print jobs show in the queue with a size anywhere from 17-21 KB. Any ideas before I get fired for taking so long to get my work done?
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 2 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Re: Very slow printing envelopes - Color Laserjet 2600N

Dana,

printers often slow down for custom sized printing such as envelopes but 3 minutes each is ridiculous - you could do them by hand quicker! It must be a fault, if the printer is still under warranty get HP ti fix it.

Alternatively, print onto printer labels such as Avery etc.

regards

Ken
Occasional Visitor
Richard Kaffka
Message 3 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem and can't get HP to fix it

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
Peter Butcher
Message 4 of 12 (1,128 Views)

I have the same issue, the printer whines for a few minutes between each envelope and won't start another job, whether on plain paper or another envelope. It can be in the tray or the manual feed slot. Interestingly, I also have a 2605dn, which does not exhibit this strange phenomenon.
Occasional Visitor
Mike Childs
Message 5 of 12 (1,128 Views)

I also have the same problem with an HP LaserJet CP3505. We have yet to discover a resolution. We have tried different printer drivers and no luck.
Occasional Visitor
Dana Denlinger
Message 6 of 12 (1,128 Views)

I never did find a resolution to this, but my printer whined between as well. I set it in the basement and bought a 2015DN. It prints everthing instantly.

I shouldn't have bought another HP after the bath I took on the 2650, but I did. I went through 2 sets of color cartridges without printing a drop of color ($265 to replace all 3 colors) before I realized they electronically decrement the page life of the color toner cartridges whether you're printing black only or full color. So basically I threw away 6 full toners that had a chip saying they were junk just because of the number of envelopes and letters we printed... very poor design.
Occasional Visitor
Dana Denlinger
Message 7 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Mike, I tried all available drivers for the 2650 as well with no change... I believe this is a hardware issue that HP doesn't know how to fix. Or they are just being very quiet about it if they do.
Occasional Visitor
Richard Kaffka
Message 8 of 12 (1,128 Views)

I am convinced that HP does not know how to fix this issue. I was able to connect to the HP online support (which is not provided for the 2600N). The tech was unable to provide any solution; not even a work-around. This is a fine printer, albeit a little slow, but for this issue. Since I use it for business, it is a large inconvenience. I stay with this forum just to see if someone gets it to work
Occasional Visitor
Greg Rich
Message 9 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Just purchased the printer and encountered the exact same issue...surprising and frustrating.

Greg Rich
Occasional Contributor
Jeff_126
Message 10 of 12 (1,128 Views)

We are also having the same problem with our CP3505. Envelopes take at least 30 seconds to go thru. Frustrating when it's specs indicate up to 22ppm, I understand envelopes being customize and taking longer, but 2 envelopes a minute is just not productive at all. Maybe HP should think about placing the print speeds for envolopes as well, not everyone use letter and legal, which is all this printer is good for. Contact HP on this issue and the final verdict was it's the nature of the machine.
Occasional Visitor
Andrew Carter1
Message 11 of 12 (872 Views)

Hi Guy's
I have come across the same problem with my hp 2600n, I am using it as a dedicated printer USB 2.0 using indesign cs2 printng on velum 85mm X 200mm it takes nearly 2.5min to complete a print cycle (actual printing is approx 10 -15 sec) but waiting to reload in manual feed listening to the whirling sound is driving me nuts. It will not feed until the whirling sound stops. I cannot use the paper tray as the prints need to be edited each time i print and velum sometimes feeds 2 sheets at a time. I chose this printer because it will print on card stock 200gsm (i have used 250gsm with no trouble), reading this forum I have come to the conclusion I have picked a dud printer if any one knows of a quicker colour laser which will do 250gsm card stock im all ears
Thanks Andy
jwi
Occasional Advisor
jwi
Message 12 of 12 (526 Views)

we fixed this issue by changing the dc controller

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.