Unable to share HP Laserjet 1000 on network (213 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Eric Strangeway
Message 1 of 2 (213 Views)

Unable to share HP Laserjet 1000 on network

I have an HP Laserjet 1000 printer connected to the USB port of a Windows XP computer. The Win XP machine prints fine and the printer is shared to the rest of the network. Other computers on the network can see the printer and can print to it, but nothing ever actually prints. It appears that Win XP has given everyone access to the computer and can even see when another computer tries to print. The other computers are running windows 2000. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Eric Gunter
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)

Re: Unable to share HP Laserjet 1000 on network

I have a similar problem, that being I am unable to share an HP LaserJet 1200 connected to the USB port of an XP computer. The XP machine also prints fine, and the printer is visible on the network. The other computer is also XP and it only generates error messages when trying to print across the network. I note that on the machine that hosts the printer, there is more than one driver installed for the LaserJet. One indicates PCL, the other PCL 6. I have just acutally enabled printing across the network by sharing the PCL version, but it always hangs up with errors on the PCL 6 driver. The error message indicates RAW format, and many more pages than I've actually tried to print. Does this possibly have something to do with installing PCL 6 drivers on ALL of the computers on the network? I am limited to 600dpi resolution if I use the non-PCL 6 driver. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.