Unable to setup IP Address on Laserjet 4600 (687 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (687 Views)

Unable to setup IP Address on Laserjet 4600

I have recently purchased a used Laserjet 4600 and had it at home for a week and it worked fine using an IP cable/address. I took it to work to use and I appear to have lost the IP details which have gone to zeros. I did not get the original CD with the printer and have the drivers from the HP web site. I have tried to follw the manual regards setting up the printer but the options on the printer screen don't appear to follow the manual text. Anyone out there any suggestions.

Regards

Steve
Outstanding Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (687 Views)

Re: Unable to setup IP Address on Laserjet 4600

This printer came with the jet direct 615N card which has many many issues. Sometimes it will work and others times it will not and sometime it causes the printer to not even boot. When you run a config page from the computer do you get the second page with the network settings. If you do, then press the green check mark button while powering on the printer and wait for the 3 lights to come on solid and release. Now arrow down to cold reset and press the select button. When the printer comes to ready wait about 2 minutes and print the config pages again and tell or post here the 2nd page so we can give further advice. Most times your issue is a bad 615N network card.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (687 Views)

Many thanks for the reply, it appeared to be the jetcard. It was in the bottom slot, tried it in the top slot and everything worked alright. Regards Steve
Outstanding Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (687 Views)

Steve just to let you know it will probably happen again if the card is the 615N. They re known to be intermittent and at some point they just plain fail again so you may want to get a replacement and I would use the 610N or 620N.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.