Re: Unable to print from Printer Redirection (515 Views)
BCL
Occasional Visitor
BCL
Message 1 of 7 (577 Views)

Unable to print from Printer Redirection

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 computer with a HPLJ P2035 printer installed locally.  I remote into my terminal server which is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.  Before logging into RD for the server, I select "Show Options" for the Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources - Local devices and resources and made sure Printers was checked.  My HPLJ P2035 printer shows redirected on the server, but I am unable to print.

I have tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling the drivers from the shipping CD, tried installing the printer with a single driver, tried installing the printer with the drivers on hp.com all to no avail.  I found a post that stated to disable "Use remote desktop easy print printer driver first" in the Local Group Policy Editor to no avail.  

I was going to network the print, but it doesn't have a slot for an EIO card.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 7 (568 Views)

Re: Unable to print from Printer Redirection

Isn't the Ethernet port on the same PCB as the usb port?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 7 (557 Views)

I am not an expert, however, I know there are issues when it comes to drivers. Since you want the remote session to print to the local printer, I think you have to have the correct driver installed on the server. One thing you can try, which may or may not work is to load the printer on the server even though it is not attached just using lpt1. Do not use any auto detect and when finished go to the printer properties and then go to ports and change the port to the shared port on the windows 7 computer. You will first have to share the printer on the windows 7 computer and assign it a name and you will need the name of the windows 7 computer. Now what you do is change the port and the box that comes up, put the name of the computer and the share name of the windows computer. Use the syntax \\computername\sharename where you substitute the actual name of the printer and the computer. It may or may not work.
BCL
Occasional Visitor
BCL
Message 4 of 7 (549 Views)

No the Ethernet port is only on the PCB for the HPLJ P2035n.  I have the P2035.  I actually have another printer that is a HPLJ P2035n and printer redirection works from the aforementioned server. 

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 7 (539 Views)

Did you try what I suggest. Just curious if it works.
Occasional Visitor
rrsjoiner
Message 6 of 7 (521 Views)

i am having trouble printing on my 4050 laser printer

My printer keeps saying 55.a error what is 55.a error if anyone knows

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 7 (515 Views)

Since I am sure your model printer is not a 2035 it is very hard to help you. First you should have started you own thread instead of tagging on to someone else. If you printer is the laserjet 8000 series you probably need to replace the fuser. For other models it could be something different.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.