Unable to install HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6 driver on windows 98 system (259 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sharon Maitlan
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Unable to install HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6 driver on windows 98 system

Hello
I have 2 windows 98 systems networked together. I am trying to set up the printer (HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6), but I am getting unable to write driver when setting up the printer on the PC not directly connected to the printer. I have printer sharing set. Does anyone have a solution?
Honored Contributor
jerry chin
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Unable to install HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6 driver on windows 98 system

Hello Sharon,
You need to install a lpr utility on the windows 98 comps in order to set up a tcp/ip port for printing if the printer is connected to the network with ethernet. If you have the printer hooked up to a comp using either parallel/usb, just share it out, find the comp on the network, right click on shared printer and click on connect. If the printer is tied directly to a comp, parallel/usb, it must have same operating system, Windows 98, or you will need to install driver locally on second comp first. Let us know if you are still having problems connecting. Jerry
Go Ahead, There's Always Bankruptcy Later
Occasional Visitor
Sharon Maitlan
Message 3 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Unable to install HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6 driver on windows 98 system

Thank You Jerry. Your suggestion worked.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.