UPD random data corruption on Windows 7 x64 (245 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (245 Views)

UPD random data corruption on Windows 7 x64

Been having trouble for months with some of my heavy printing people. They get random corruption (garbage) when they print their documents. I only had report when they print documents from Word 2010.

Problem started when we switched to 7 x64 (was XP 32 bits before), here's a chronology of what happened with the user i used to test my solutions...

• First report was from my invoicing lady, she was running a HP Laserjet 4200 connected directly to the her PC using the available PCL5 UPD at that time
  • Installed a Jetdirect card and connected the 4200 to a Windows 2008 R2 using the lastest PCL6 UPD at that time (5.3)
  • Re-imaged the PC
  • Replaced the PC with a different one (Dell Optiplex 745)
  • Replaced the PC with a different brand (HP DC7900)
  • Connected the PC to the printer using the jetdirect card instead of going through the Windows 2008 R2 server
  • Replaced the printer with a Laserjet p4515x (USB,  Jetdirect, Win2k8R2) using the latest UPD (5.4)

So i decided to try to print to file using a macro to see if i would get always the same file size and what do you know on an average of 1 on 10 i would get a file that is a little bigger. If i sent the file to the printer port i would get a garbage caracter somewhere in the document. (see attachment)

At this point i'm about to order a Samsung printer to test, but I'm hoping to get some help before going to the dark side.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.