02-17-2012 08:11 AM
Been having trouble for months with some of my heavy printing people. They get random corruption (garbage) when they print their documents. I only had report when they print documents from Word 2010.
Problem started when we switched to 7 x64 (was XP 32 bits before), here's a chronology of what happened with the user i used to test my solutions...
- First report was from my invoicing lady, she was running a HP Laserjet 4200 connected directly to the her PC using the available PCL5 UPD at that time
- Installed a Jetdirect card and connected the 4200 to a Windows 2008 R2 using the lastest PCL6 UPD at that time (5.3)
- Re-imaged the PC
- Replaced the PC with a different one (Dell Optiplex 745)
- Replaced the PC with a different brand (HP DC7900)
- Connected the PC to the printer using the jetdirect card instead of going through the Windows 2008 R2 server
- Replaced the printer with a Laserjet p4515x (USB, Jetdirect, Win2k8R2) using the latest UPD (5.4)
So i decided to try to print to file using a macro to see if i would get always the same file size and what do you know on an average of 1 on 10 i would get a file that is a little bigger. If i sent the file to the printer port i would get a garbage caracter somewhere in the document. (see attachment)
At this point i'm about to order a Samsung printer to test, but I'm hoping to get some help before going to the dark side.