Re: Toolbox FX for windows 7? (68336 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jarl Esbensen
Message 1 of 21 (88,527 Views)

Toolbox FX for windows 7?

Hey.

Does anyone know if HP Toolbox FX is available for Windows 7? I want to improve my printing of photoes - I have a ColorLaser CP2025dn
Frequent Advisor
Capital G
Message 2 of 21 (88,310 Views)

Re: Toolbox FX for windows 7?

the HP Toolbox is included in the Full Software Solution or the Installation CD.

however, this printer model does not have any of those. the only driver available is a basic Universal Print Driver for Win 7 32/64 bit.

regards
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 3 of 21 (88,310 Views)

do you know if there is any way to load just the toolbox software from the full solution?i only have a clj 4600 attached directly to the lan via a crossover cable.as there is no full solutions for the 4600 ,only drivers.if i download full solution for another printer in which i do not have them models,it wants to communicate with it during install and it shows that the drivers themselves are required no matter what,though toolbox is in the folders with the full version download.it has an option to install it on it's own but does nothing when activated.
Advisor
Wiley
Message 4 of 21 (88,293 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are using Windows 7, and the printer is on a USB port, there is no ToolboxFX support.  To get ToolboxFX for Windows 7 on any HP ethernet capable printer, you can download and install "HP Easy Printer Care":  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prod...

Connect the printer to your lan.  Once the printer is online, Easy Printer Care will recognize it and provide total status information and full ToolboxFX functionality.  You can choose to leave the USB connection enabled and only use the online instance for maintainance.

Note...  HP techs, FAQ and site documentation never gave a clue that "HP Easy Printer Care" would re-enable ToolboxFX functionality for Windows 7 users.  I stumbled onto it.  Unfortunately, those folks that don't have an ethernet option are left out in the cold. :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
CONNIEPERRILLO
Message 5 of 21 (76,887 Views)

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THE TOOLBOX, TO REINSTALL ON WINDOWS 7 32, I DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE, BUT I STILL DCANT GET THE TOOLBOX BACK, I DOWLOADED EASY PRINTER  CARE, I STILL CANT PHONE BOOK TO WORK, I CAN'T PUT IN NAMES

Advisor
Wiley
Message 6 of 21 (76,872 Views)

[ Edited ]

CONNIEPERRILLO wrote:

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THE TOOLBOX, TO REINSTALL ON WINDOWS 7 32, I DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE, BUT I STILL DCANT GET THE TOOLBOX BACK, I DOWLOADED  EASY PRINTER  CARE, I STILL CANT PHONE BOOK TO WORK, I CAN'T PUT IN NAMES

HP Printer Toolbox FX:

Toolbox FX provides desktop configuration, status and support for every feature of your printer. This tool checks the printer's status, configures settings, sets up automatic alerts, orders supplies online, views self-help information and offers troubleshooting tips.  Unfortunately, Toolbox FX is NOT available for Windows 7.

Can you provide more information about the problem you are having?  I do not understand your reference to "Phone Book" in the context of HP's printer utility...Toolbox FX.

Additionally, you didn't specify if you are connected to your printer by USB or ethernet.   If (and only if...) you are connected via ethernet (LAN), you can use HP's  Easy Printer Care to regain TOOLBOX FX functionality.  Easy Printer Care does not work with USB-only printers.

Occasional Visitor
Hongyun
Message 7 of 21 (71,705 Views)

I heard that I need ToolboxFX to use my HP CM1312 printer's scan button to scan and automatically save the documents on a usb connected computer. After I installed Windows 7, I lost this function, do you know how to make it work?

Advisor
Wiley
Message 8 of 21 (71,688 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP's Toolbox FX is NOT available for Windows 7.  HP only supports XP, and there are no plans to update Toolbox FX.

The XP-ONLY installation disc that came with your MFP is useless for Windows 7, and can be discarded.  If you have not already done so, go to HP's "Drivers" site, and download the latest.

UPDATE:  The JavaScript link "Drivers" above is not working as of 11/08/2011.  HP needs to resolve the problem, as similar links on other pages behave the same.  For the time being, you can download the latest Windows 7 compatible version of HP Printer Care (2.6.0.50) from third-party driver archive sites.  Do a Google.

Occasional Visitor
Velvetcoat
Message 9 of 21 (69,458 Views)

Have tried to download Easy printer Care and get the error shown in the snip. How can I download it as I have a calibration problem with my CP1515n and am running Win7 x64.

The cutomer care provide seems extremely poor, updates are very very necessary. In my care the printer is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in hell for printing colour, B/W is fine.

Advisor
Wiley
Message 10 of 21 (69,400 Views)

[ Edited ]

It appears that HP has a problem with their download link (javascript), and they don't know about it.

The most recent Windows 7 capable version of HP Easy Printer Care is 2.6.0.50.

I was able to locate a few third-party sites that provide the download.  I am currently using 2.6.0.50 with a CP2025dn, on Windows 7 SP-1. It works fine, and does provide the same functionality as Toolbox FXNOTEYour printer must have an ethernet connection, as HP Easy Printer Care does NOT support USB-only printers.

Wiley

Oregon, USA

Occasional Visitor
arco_v_k
Message 11 of 21 (68,349 Views)

Hi, I really need that HP Easy Printer Care but cannot find it anywhere.

Working with windows 7 makes Toolbox FX obsolete and I want to use my MFP with all of its features.

Who can help me to find and download it?

Thanks in advance!

Advisor
Wiley
Message 12 of 21 (68,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've tried getting HP's attention about their broken link to Easy Printer Care.  They have not responded to my inquiries.

Below is a link to my copy of HP Easy Printer Care (v. 2.6.0.50) at MediaFire.  To my knowledge, it is the most current version.  I downloaded and deployed the app from HP before their link broke.  The HPEPC works fine with Windows 7 (SP-1) and my CP2025dn Laser.

IMPORTANT:

HPEPC only works with an ethernet capable printer.  If your printer is USB only, this app WILL NOT WORK!

Note...

Remember, this download is not authorized by HP.  You are assuming full responsibility for any and all problems you encounter with the install and/or use of the software.  You should fully satisfy yourself that the download is safe to use...before you execute the install.

HP Easy Printer Care v. 2.6.0.50   (03/30/2012 - 990 downloads)

HPEPC Navigation Guide (PDF)   (03/30/2012 - 208 downloads)

Occasional Visitor
p_arkerb
Message 13 of 21 (66,164 Views)

[ Edited ]

Last year I saved enough money to purchase a color laser printer and chose the CP2025dn based on my long-standing success with Hewlett Packard products. I've finally put together enough scratch to upgrade my computer and installed Windows 7 (32-bit). Whoops.

Since installing the new version of Windows, I have lost a good deal of functionality and customization of print quality. At least Windows helped get the basic features working again, but investing in this printer was a massive waste of time and limited resources.

I will try to work with the HP Easycare via LAN solution that was suggested here, but due to space constraints I may have to forgoe the software and stick with the basics. Lame. I can't believe Hewlett Packard thinks this is even slightly reasonable. Can modifying a print utility really be this complicated?

Good luck to the rest of you.

Occasional Visitor
tchristoff
Message 14 of 21 (64,162 Views)

[ Edited ]

Bad support ever. I made the mistake of purchasing an HP LaserJet P2055dn about a month ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out this brand new printer doesn't support the current Microsoft OS. I downloaded the HP Easy Printer Care. It's been searching my network for 30 minutes, using the IP address, and can't find the printer. This thread shows how little HP cares about their customers, of which I will never be again. 

Occasional Visitor
rstiltksin
Message 15 of 21 (63,780 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the link.  I downloaded and installed the application (HP Easy Printer Care) however I cannot find any mention of the Toolbox FX option within that application.   My printer (laserjet 2025dn)  supports ethernet but I am currently using USB to connect it to the PC.    My O/S is XP Pro 64 bit, latest SP and updates.    The Toolbox FX option is not listed under any of the menu items (File/View/Tools/Help) nor is it listed under any of the 'Devices' links on the left side of that application window (e.g. My HP Printers/Compatible Printers/Find Other Printers).   It's not in either of the tabs (Overview/Support).    Under 'Support' tab there's an Easy Printer Care option but when selected directs you to a website.   What I'm looking for is how to manually calibrate/configure the printer in order to access color options for the toner cartridges.    

Advisor
Wiley
Message 16 of 21 (63,756 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is a guide (PDF) to help you get to the ToolboxFX (TFX) functionality.  HP Easy Printer Care (HPEPC) does NOT specifically reference TFX anywhere.  HPEPC does provide the same customization tools....if, and ONLY IF, the printer is networked.  A USB-only connection to the printer will not work with HPEPC.

HPEPC Navigation Guide (PDF)   (03/30/2012 - 208 downloads) 

Occasional Visitor
rstiltksin
Message 17 of 21 (63,702 Views)

Tks Wiley, much appreciated.   My 2025dn does have the ability to be networked but it is currently NOT connected to my home network.    I only need it for one PC, so it's connected via USB at the moment.   So I'm assuming based on your response that not only does the printer need to have the hardware enabling it to be network capable (wireless and/or wired) it must also be actively part of your network in order to access the TFX options.   I have no need at the moment for the printer to be connected to my home network so I will not be able to access the TFX options.   I have no idea why they designed it that way.  They should have allowed the TFX access/ configuration whether it be networked or not.   Oh well.   

My initial problem has been solved though: using generic toners I loose much color depth/intensity versus HP toner.   I returned the 3 generic toner cartridges (cyan/magenta/yellow) and purchased the HP equivalents and my color on printouts is once again perfect.  

Visitor
neoshocal
Message 18 of 21 (59,207 Views)

I also have a 2605dn and I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). In HP ToolboxFX you can manually initiate the "print cleaning page" function.  I installed HP Easy Printer Care since this forum says it contains HP ToolboxFX functionality.  I cannot find how to initiate the "print cleaning page" function.  Is there a way to do that with HP Easy Printer Care?  Thanks.

Advisor
Wiley
Message 19 of 21 (59,180 Views)

" I installed HP Easy Printer Care since this forum says it contains HP ToolboxFX functionality.  I cannot find how to initiate the "print cleaning page" function.  Is there a way to do that with HP Easy Printer Care?"

Here is a PDF that gets you to the "Cleaning Mode" in HPEPC: 

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vzhmih7h6tg3j9

Occasional Collector
alwaysann
Message 20 of 21 (56,688 Views)

Re: Toolbox FX Download

HP Toolbox FX is required to send destinations to the All In One.  It does work with Windows 7.  However, good luck trying to find where it can be downloaded.  HP, please make this avaialble to download.  I've spent over two hours on this issue today alone, and I still don't have a resolution. :-o  WIthout a reinstall of this sofftware, thscanner won't work.  Easy Printer Care does not take the place of HP Toolbox FX for this purpose.

Occasional Visitor
Johndooh
Message 21 of 21 (42,928 Views)

Re: Toolbox FX Download

I hope this will answer your questions.

I have a HP2320nf MFP and have installed today a fresh Windows 8 professional 64 bit version.
I had the toolbox already working under win7 professional 32 bit.

But due to circumstances I had to upgrade to win8.

I already had downloaded the full version of EMEA drivers win7 v3.1. 
After that install it didn't work.

After the universal 64 bit printdriver update installation which I downloaded form the HP site ...I restarted everything.

The option in HP scan software to upload the settings to the Printer, was added.

So now I can work as I did an do the  scanning on the printer and choose which destination i want, without touching my PC.

I hope this will help.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.