T2 clutch error on Laserjet 3700 (5633 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Don Renshaw
Message 1 of 9 (5,633 Views)
Accepted Solution

T2 clutch error on Laserjet 3700

Anyone have a fix for a 55.99 error on the control panel and a T2 clutch error in the event log. I'm thinking T2 refers to tray 2.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 9 (5,633 Views)

Re: T2 clutch error on Laserjet 3700

Are you sure it is not 59.99.

Fuser seated improperly. Reseat the fuser.

NOTE: You may hear grinding sounds from the right, rear of the printer associated with this specific failure also.
Faulty secondary transfer engagement sensor. Replace the secondary transfer engagement sensor. (PS16, part of paper pickup/feed assembly)

Faulty secondary transfer engaging solenoid. Replace the secondary transfer engaging solenoid. (SL4, part of paper pickup/feed assembly)

Faulty feed motor. Replace the feed motor. (M1)

Faulty DC controller PCB. Replace the DC controller PCB.

If the 59.99 error only occurred after removing and reinstalling the paper pickup/feed assembly, what may have happened is that the secondary transfer engaging solenoid SL4 may have become dislocated. See figure below. Verify position of tab on top of solenoid.

Most times the issue is the paper pickup assembly which is a bear to replace.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Don Renshaw
Message 3 of 9 (5,633 Views)

Thanks for the info. It's definitely a 55.99 error on the console; T2 clutch error shows on teh event log. I've run the onboard Diagnostics and they all pass. This error came up on this printer before and I gave the paper pickups a thorough cleaning. That's what I did again and it appears to work "in the shop" but sometimes that's not a lasting fix. I'm going to follow your suggestions also and see if something else comes up. Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 9 (5,633 Views)

I am just wondering if the T2 clutch refers to the secondary transfer. If not I know there is a clutch located on the drum drive unit on the right side near the top. Not sure if that is the T2 clutch and that usually only effects color quality.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 5 of 9 (5,633 Views)

there's a T2 transfer roller involved in the secondary transfer and a clutch for it's lift mechanism.maybe refers to that.in the "optimize" menu on the printer there is adjustments for changing the T2 lift/values.don't know much about it though.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Don Renshaw
Message 6 of 9 (5,633 Views)

I don't have anything which indicates T2 either... that's why I was hoping it was the tray 2 pickup assy.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Don Renshaw
Message 7 of 9 (5,633 Views)

Thanks Razzer. I'm going by the parts diagrams from The Printer Works and they show a CL2 clutch associated with the image drive assy. Right now it seems to operate with onboard diagnostics. PW gets $36 for the clutch (CL2). No telling how hard it is to change out. I did the fuser on a 1320 recently and it was close to heart surgery.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 8 of 9 (5,633 Views)

That was what I was referring to in my post but I seem to remember it only effects prints quality. Attached is the computer image unit picture from the manual and in the 2 pictures at the bottom of the page the item in question is the gear/clutch assembly in the upper left of each picture. Very easy to replace.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Don Renshaw
Message 9 of 9 (5,633 Views)

That's the info I need. Thanks for all the great help.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation