Setting up a LaserJet P2035 through a Terminal Server Connection (834 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jennifer Wagoner
Message 1 of 1 (834 Views)

Setting up a LaserJet P2035 through a Terminal Server Connection

We purchased a LJ P2035N because it proported to have drivers for Windows Server 2003. This printer is connected to a PC running Windows Vista Home Premium edition. This PC connects to a server running Windows Server 2003 in our corporate office through a Remote Desktop Connection. We are currently running other HP LJ printers (P3005)remotely through Terminal Services. One of these successfully connects through TS while connected to a machine running Windows Vista Home Premium edition, so we already know it is possible, albeit a little more tricky.

The issue I'm having is that the only drivers I can find at this time to download for the P2035 for WS2003 are Plug and Play drivers. That makes no sense to me. The printer isn't in this office and isn't on our LAN, so the Plug and Play drivers can't find the printer. Aside from the fact that I can't imagine that anyone would ever really plug a printer this small into a server and use it, I can't figure out how to get the WS2003 drivers on my server without having the actually printer here in the office first.

Has anyone else run into this problem or have any suggestions for loading the WS2003 drivers onto my server without having the actual printer connected locally? Is there somewhere I can find the drivers to load directly without having to go through the setup wizard? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation