Re: Server Forms on HP PSA 4200 using HP 4050 printers (445 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Francis Mendez
Message 1 of 5 (445 Views)

Server Forms on HP PSA 4200 using HP 4050 printers

Ugh.
I have two Hp 4050s that I just hooked up to a Printer Server Appliance (4200). I cannot add custom forms (Letterhead), so I am getting most print jobs going to tray 2 rather than tray 4.

I want Tray 2 to be Letterhead (8.5 x 11), Tray 3 to be Bond (same size), then Tray 4 to be Letter (plain).

Since I have to set up all trays at "Letter" I am getting most of the prints to go to tray 2.

When I go to the PSA (via IP address), I cannot create forms because it is grayed out. actually going into the PSA web pages does not help either.
Please help!!!
- Francis
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (445 Views)

Re: Server Forms on HP PSA 4200 using HP 4050 printers

Maybe I am missing something here and if so please disregard this post. As far as I know you can specify what type of paper is contained in each tray with the paper handling menu on the printer itself. You can specify tray 2 as letterhead and tray 3 as bond and tray 4 as plain on the printer. What you then do with your software is up to your software, but the printer can be configured this way.
Occasional Contributor
Francis Mendez
Message 3 of 5 (445 Views)

That is the thing: I cannot add those paper sizes (forms) to the print server appliance, so I do not even "see" those forms as an option.
- Francis
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

Again I am being dense. What does the printsever appliance have to do with it. The choice of paper is selected from the application and/or driver in the operating system. If you use for example Microsoft Word you can specify to use letterhead for page 1 and bond for page 2 or whatever and the application will send the necessary printing codes to the printer so it takes the paper from the trays necessary.
Regular Advisor
Manfred Weber
Message 5 of 5 (445 Views)

Hello,

you have to be administrator on the PSA4200 or administrative rights for the printer, to change forms and to configure the printer, like a local printer.

Regards,
Manfred
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.