Separator Page - How do I turn this off? (1017 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Elsie Smith
Message 1 of 7 (1,017 Views)
Accepted Solution

Separator Page - How do I turn this off?

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 with a LaserJet 4 connected. Each time I print just one page, it also spits out a separator page with "%deleteme" printed on it. I have checked the printer's properties and, although I can click on the Separator Page button in the Advanced tab, I can't find where this feature can be turned off. Anyone... help would be gratefully appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Dave Haro
Message 2 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Re: Separator Page - How do I turn this off?

Elsie,

This may point you in the right direction:

http://h30074.www3.hp.com/csndocs/qf/files/SD/CSI/bpl12915/bpl12915.html

Dave
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Elsie Smith
Message 3 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Dave, thank you very much for your response to my problem. Unfortunately, the link you pointed me to only works for newer LJs. However, my problem was solved in the "hp 4L blank page after printing" thread.

~Elsie
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Sandhya_1
Message 4 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Members, the thread referred to by Elsie is:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=857129

Regards,
Sandhya
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
CA1085692
Message 5 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Hi Elsie Smith,
Thank for reply another thread formu link with a complete solution and you pay attention to navigation other solution.

Anyway, thank for contruibation into another thread for printing blank page after print job.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=880730

Good Luck,
Nkassas
There are no short cuts to anything worth doing
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
John G. Kelly
Message 6 of 7 (1,017 Views)

We have just started printing to a hp LaserJet 2430 via the application Optio running on our SUN E450 server - OS Solaris version 2.6. Despite turning on blank suppression on the device and specifying no banner in the Optio application document module the separator page prints. On the page it prints the User, Host, Class and Job details. I ran a quick check on the various support forums on the HP site but have not managed to locate a solution for my problem. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Claudia Becker
Message 7 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Sorry, this is not a solution response. I am having the same problem of a separator page with DeleteMe on it when I send duplex jobs to my new CLJ 3800. I tried to do the fix that was suggested before referencing the suppress separator page. I've done it on the printer and also in the printer options, but it still is happening. Any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation