Scanning Issues with LaserJet 3390 (269 Views)
Occasional Advisor
David Bannister_1
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Scanning Issues with LaserJet 3390

I am using a Dell computer with Vista Ultimate and have installed the HP LaserJet 3390 printer using the software for Vista provided on the HP site (download was 360MB).

From the time I installed it the scanning function has not worked except when I ran the FixScan utility and then it did but then the HP ToolBox FX would not run and asked to be reinstalled which I did.

After it was reinstalled and working the scanning did not work and I received the same dialogue box. I tried the FixScan utility again but this time it did not resolve the issue.

This is the message I am getting:

"The HP imaging device could not be initialized. An error has occurred communicating with the device. Make sure that the device's power cord and cable are properly working attached and plugged in. Refer to HP service and support on the Web for more help with this error. The scanning software might be installed improperly, or there might be a device conflict."

All the cables are correctly installed. The device manager says the printer is connected to port DOT4PRT

At this point I am at a loss on how to get the scanning function working.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

David
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Monica Yeung Arima
Message 2 of 3 (269 Views)

Re: Scanning Issues with LaserJet 3390

Hi David,

How did you fix your problem? I have the same error message and cannot SCAN.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
David Bannister_1
Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

Re: Scanning Issues with LaserJet 3390

Hi Monica,

It was solved by a very good IT guy and it took about 3 hours on the phone to HP to solve it. From what he told me completely erases the previous toolbox software and reinstalled it. Then after several attempts at the USB printer connection they decided to install the printer as a network printer into my router. And that solved everything. Scanning works like a charm now. To me it seemed like the the switch from the USB to Network connection was the key.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation