03-24-2009 01:16 PM
05-01-2012 05:09 AM
Actually, that not exactly right. THIS is the correct procedure. I tested it on a 2430:
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Turn the printer on. WHEN THE PRINTER BEGINS ITS MEMORY COUNT, press and hold down the select button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
3. After the message SELECT LANGUAGE appears on the display, press the Up Arrow button or the Down Arrow button until COLD RESET is highlighted.
4. Press the Select button. The printer performs a cold reset and then continues its power-on sequence.
05-01-2012 04:43 PM
Printer resets and power-on modes
The following sections describe the types of printer resets and power-on modes.
A cold reset unlocks menus that have been previously locked and sets all control panel
menu items (including EIO settings) back to the factory defaults. However, it does not clear
the values in the service menu (such as the serial number and page counts).
NOTE Before performing a cold reset, print a menu map and a configuration page (see Menu map
and Configuration page). Use the information on the configuration page to reset any
customer-set printer configuration values that the cold reset procedure changes.
To perform a cold reset
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Hold down the SELECT ( ) button, and then turn the printer on. Continue holding down
the SELECT ( ) button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then
remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
3. After the message SELECT LANGUAGE appears on the display, press the
UP ARROW ( ) button or the DOWN ARROW ( ) button until COLD RESET is highlighted.
4. Press the SELECT ( ) button. The printer performs a cold reset and then continues its
5. Check all I/O settings and reset any customer-set printer configuration values.
ENWW Printer resets and power-on modes 163
05-02-2012 03:28 AM
And I don't mean to sound argumentative, BUT I followed your instructions TO THE LETTER on a 2430 DTN several times yesterday and again just now and it ONLY works by pressing the check mark button AFTER the unit is powered on. If you like, I can send you a video of both procedures on the same printer. I don't know if there is a difference between a 2430N and a 2430DTN but my printer only resets by the instructions I posted.
07-05-2012 10:35 AM
I have a 2430TN, and mine will only reset after I power on, and hit the SELECT button during the memory count down. It doesn't reset if I hold the SELECT button down and then power on.
07-05-2012 11:17 AM
The cold reset sequence might depend on the firmware you have installed.
Certainly, the service manual gives it the way suggested by David - see attached pdf page taken from the HP LaserJet 2400 series service manual (2004).
But the following support documents:-
gives it the other way. Lets call it a draw!