Replace Roller Notification (11846 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rachel Lancaster
Message 1 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Replace Roller Notification

Hi there,

I've had my printer for not even a month and it' already giving me a "replace roller turn off then on notification".

What do I do?

Rach
Honored Contributor
Mark Froggatt
Message 2 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Re: Replace Roller Notification

Rachel

first thing is to tell us the model of printer

Mark
Occasional Visitor
Rachel Lancaster
Message 3 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Sorry!
The series is HP Colour Laserjet CP2025.

Serial CNCS 200068

Thank you!

Rachel
Visitor
Paul McL
Message 4 of 14 (11,846 Views)

I've gotten this notification on our brand new CP2025 as well.
For a short term solution: the message went away after I turned the printer off and then back on.
I don't know if the message will return at a future date or not, so I'd still like to hear how to properly address this notification message.
(Note: the printer was out of paper at this time as well. Could that have caused the notification?)
Occasional Visitor
Bright Hammond
Message 5 of 14 (11,846 Views)

I too have this problem on a printer which is about 1 month old.

It is a CP2025dn serial number CNCSF02579.
Visitor
Alan Sheppard
Message 6 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Same problem here with a new CP2025. This error does not appear to be listed anywhere in the 2020 status series messages list.

As with a previous reply the error occured when the printer was out of paper.

Turning the printer off for 30+ seconds then correctly displayed a "paper out" message

I wonder if it's an "out of paper" message that's incorrectly embedded in the firmware that locks out the printer until a re-power is performed ?

Occasional Visitor
Jason Hawcroft
Message 7 of 14 (11,846 Views)

We've just had the same issue, printer only been out of the box 2 or 3 days.

As with previous posters, switched off for 30+ seconds and so far printer working but would like to know root cause and (if possible) permanent fix for this!

Cheers

Model and Serial of ours!
Cp2025N
CNCS115548

We have 4 more of these printers waiting to be installed - hope they're not all going to do this!
Occasional Visitor
Dave Glover
Message 8 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Has anything come from this as i have had the same problem twice now.

If the bottom paper tray is empty it will say replace rollers, power on power off.

If i reload the paper and restart it will work again untill it runs out again
Occasional Visitor
Jeff Chapman
Message 9 of 14 (11,846 Views)

Has anyone received an update for this issue?
Occasional Visitor
Judy Rumps
Message 10 of 14 (11,846 Views)

I have same problem with my 2025. Any solution out there???
Occasional Visitor
VinkoB
Message 11 of 14 (8,585 Views)

I'm having the same problem -- a "replace roller notification" on the HP2025.  Besides turning it off, does anyone know what this code actually means?  There is more than one roller in this model.

Does anyone know which roller this alert code refers to?  Or is this alert code just some sort of bug?

Occasional Visitor
SMargaret
Message 12 of 14 (6,769 Views)

I am also experiencing the same problem.  It is tiresome to have to turn the printer off & on to use it.

Gee, there's posts on this item spanning NEARLY FOUR YEARS and HP support has not answered.

Imagine that?! 

They keep sending me emails with links to surveys on how to improve their customer support.

WELL, HP, MAYBE YOU COULD START BY ANSWERING THIS LONG-RUNNING QUESTION OR AT LEAST GIVING SOME SORT OF REPLY SO THAT YOU COULD PRETEND THAT YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 13 of 14 (6,757 Views)

This is a user forum and hp tech support does not monitor the content. To receive direct hp support you need to contact 1800hpinvent. That said most times the issue is the cassette that holds the paper is not set correctly. Make sure the paper back piece is firm against the paper but not to tight. If the printer has been used for a while it is possible the roller is worn and needs to be replaced. This message only effects tray 2 the cassette tray and not tray 1 manual tray.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 14 of 14 (6,711 Views)

As David says the forum is not HP technical but other users, printer engineers etc. and the message is due to the printer expecting paper and it's not there so it assumes the roller has not picked up and gives the message.

There is a HP advisory dated 2009 on this, it advises exactly as David suggests, check your guides, check the media can lift OK i.e no obstructions, check the media itself as this may be the cause and if the roller is worn then it needs replacement.

The piece of information you need with the posts is the page count, this will help determine if it's getting close to needed replacement, we have seen some of these in the UK where they are run very heavily , they needed rollers very quickly in their duty cycle and were genuinely worn.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.