Printing options HP 4015 (572 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Deb H
Message 1 of 3 (572 Views)

Printing options HP 4015

We have a new printer with several trays. 6 to be exact. I know that the trays determine the size of the paper, such as legal, letter, 8.5 x 13, etc. What is the best way to configure paper type - letterhead, plain, bonded. Each tray has a different ype of paper. We have a program that uses the default printer but continues to print from tray 6. I want the default to use tray 2, plain paper.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 3 (572 Views)

Re: Printing options HP 4015

just set each tray size and type in the printer paper handling menu and on the paper tab in the driver printing preferences to match and make each size/type available on the driver properties/device settings/form to tray.

if you can select in the application to print by size or type and they all are set to a different size/type then it should pull from the tray with the size/type you selected.if you can print by source ,then you may be able to go in the printer paper handling menu or sytem setup menu and switch "tray behavior" to "exclusively".which would then pull from the tray you select and only that tray no matter what.
Collector
bjvidra
Message 3 of 3 (572 Views)

Re: Printing options HP 4015

I am testing a P4014 for tray selections. We program in SCO OpenServer Unix. Other HP printers we've used will always choose the lower most tray that matches the paper size - unless we change the paper types on the printer AND in our PCL codes. (I didn't know till now that 8.5X13 is called Foolscap and the PCL code is ESC &l14A but to most printers it is 'custom' &l101A)

We are have a problem with "manual feed". I have tried "Manually Feed Prompt = Unless Loaded " and "Manual Feed = ON" - but it insists you hit the OK key to print - no matter what the paper size is - letter or custom.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.