Printing envelopes with a Laserjet P3015 (2979 Views)
Occasional Contributor
RCPO
Message 1 of 3 (2,979 Views)

Printing envelopes with a Laserjet P3015

I just bought a new Laserjet P3015N for printing newsletters. Yesterday was the first time I used it and for the bulk printing it was great. I did however find that it does not batch print envelopes! The documentation says you can only load envelopes in tray 2, which is manually fed so I can only have around 15 in at once. Kind of defeats the purpose as I wanted to print my envelopes really fast from tray 1. Anyone have any suggestions? I use Word 2010 envelope merge. Can I set up a custom form that looks like an envelope and then the printer will not stop because of the design "flaw".

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 3 (2,977 Views)

Re: Printing envelopes with a Laserjet P3015

Well, the design is not flawed; you simply picked up the wrong printer for your needs.

That said, I'm sorry to tell you that you are stuck with the 15 envelopes at the time.

I did not check so I cannot tell you for sure but some printer models have optional envelope feeders that you can add.

Check at the HP website if there is one available for your model.

Occasional Contributor
RCPO
Message 3 of 3 (2,975 Views)

Re: Printing envelopes with a Laserjet P3015

Thank you for your response. I fear you are correct. I also have a HP Color LaserJet CM2320 MFP so will use that one for the envelopes. The 3015 will be for the normal bulk printing.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.