Printer error 59.99 - CLJ3500 (31575 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 8 (31,575 Views)

Printer error 59.99 - CLJ3500

If anyone can help, I would be so happy! This has been a nightmare. Upon moving to a new place, i setup the printer and turned it on only to receive an error message that reads "59.99 - printer error" I tried to look it up and the closest solution i found mentioned the fuser. So I shelled out the 70 bucks for a new one only to have the message show up once again!
So far I have replaced the fuser, reset the defaults in the configuration, and removed and checked the transfer unit.Anything else I should be looking for??

Thanks, in advance! - Vince
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 8 (31,575 Views)

Re: Printer error 59.99 - CLJ3500

59 error is often a motor error ;but on this machine when it is followed by 99,then it is something with the secondary transfer roller engaging mechanism.which involves the feed motor and a solenoid and the mechanism.

in the diagnostic menu ,there are some component tests you can run and one of them would be the secondary (transfer 2) test.which would run the feed motor and the secondary transfer solenoid ,some path rollers and should move the mechanism.it should lift it ,i think about 1/2 inch or so.if you do the test you may have to listen for the motor,or the solenoid to click,and you should be able to see if the 2ndary transfer roller raises.overriding the door switch can help also so it can be done with it open.

the door switchshould be on the upper left inside right inside and in back of the control panel,plastic piece sticking out of the front door there would normally depress the switch when closed.the secondary transfer roller is in the bottom in the paper path towards the back of the printer from the paper pickup unit.if the cartridges are out,you should be able to see it going across the paper path down there.should have a blue handle like on it's right side.
Occasional Contributor
Message 3 of 8 (31,575 Views)

Wow.....what can i say,dude except you ROCK! Now why can't they just say that in the manual? Now, what do i need to do if one or more of these actions don't take place? Bear in mind, that I'm pretty proficient with a soldering gun if need be! or am i just screwed on this one? Again, thank you so much you were extremely helpful

Vince
Outstanding Contributor
Message 4 of 8 (31,575 Views)

Only way I was able to solve this issue was to replace the complete paper pickup assembly which contains the secondary transfer roller and the selenoid. Tried replaceing the selenoid and that did not work. Pain to replace and not cheap. Not available now but try the link later to download the manual.

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/hp_manuals.php
Honored Contributor
Message 5 of 8 (31,575 Views)

indeed,replacing the paper pickup assembly/2ndary transfer mech. is quite the project on this machine.
Honored Contributor
Message 6 of 8 (31,575 Views)

sometimes it can also be the sensor for the mechanism also.thing about replacing the paper pickup assembly is that several gears,clutch,stems and other pieces have to come off the right side to get it out.
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (25,807 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have been struggling with this 59.99.00 or 59.99 HP Color Laserjet 3550 error for awhile now. I have finally fixed it without buying a new Secondary Transfer unit. Here is what I did that could have solved it. 

Steps:
1. Inside the unit take out Toner and Transfer unit
2. Using compressed air, blow out inside of unit throughout. Pay special attention to the Pickup/Feed assembly and Secondary Transfer unit and Roller.
3. Remove the cover for the main motor.
4. Use Quick Dry Electronics Cleaner spray all internal copper and plug connectors and rollers. Pay special attention to Main Motor, the area of the Secondary Transfer Solenoid. 
5. Let dry completely. 
6. Re-Assemble unit.
7. Plug in and turn on.
8. Under diagnostics select Test "Transfer 2 Solenoid" this Drives the feed motor (M1) and the secondary transfer roller engaging solenoid (SL4) which rotates the fuser, paper path rollers, Tray 3 drive rollers, and engages the secondary transfer roller which raises it about 1/2 inch.
9. Test Complete and Printer should be working just fine.

10. If you found this useful and it solved your problem instead of purchasing a whole new printer or parts. Buy me a coffee send paypal to erik@milham.net

I hope this helps you with the 59.99 error.

Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 8 (3,408 Views)

Hello,

After a lot of investigation and dismounting the whole printer twice I resolved this problem following Moe´s recomendation in this forum:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/46228#12

Thank you Moe.

Best Regards,

Alfredo.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.