04-23-2008 10:36 AM
So far I have replaced the fuser, reset the defaults in the configuration, and removed and checked the transfer unit.Anything else I should be looking for??
Thanks, in advance! - Vince
04-23-2008 11:07 AM
in the diagnostic menu ,there are some component tests you can run and one of them would be the secondary (transfer 2) test.which would run the feed motor and the secondary transfer solenoid ,some path rollers and should move the mechanism.it should lift it ,i think about 1/2 inch or so.if you do the test you may have to listen for the motor,or the solenoid to click,and you should be able to see if the 2ndary transfer roller raises.overriding the door switch can help also so it can be done with it open.
the door switchshould be on the upper left inside right inside and in back of the control panel,plastic piece sticking out of the front door there would normally depress the switch when closed.the secondary transfer roller is in the bottom in the paper path towards the back of the printer from the paper pickup unit.if the cartridges are out,you should be able to see it going across the paper path down there.should have a blue handle like on it's right side.
04-24-2008 01:13 AM
04-24-2008 03:57 AM
04-24-2008 06:37 AM
02-08-2013 05:52 PM - last edited on 02-10-2013 08:24 PM by VidyaVI
I have been struggling with this 59.99.00 or 59.99 HP Color Laserjet 3550 error for awhile now. I have finally fixed it without buying a new Secondary Transfer unit. Here is what I did that could have solved it.
1. Inside the unit take out Toner and Transfer unit
2. Using compressed air, blow out inside of unit throughout. Pay special attention to the Pickup/Feed assembly and Secondary Transfer unit and Roller.
3. Remove the cover for the main motor.
4. Use Quick Dry Electronics Cleaner spray all internal copper and plug connectors and rollers. Pay special attention to Main Motor, the area of the Secondary Transfer Solenoid.
5. Let dry completely.
6. Re-Assemble unit.
7. Plug in and turn on.
8. Under diagnostics select Test "Transfer 2 Solenoid" this Drives the feed motor (M1) and the secondary transfer roller engaging solenoid (SL4) which rotates the fuser, paper path rollers, Tray 3 drive rollers, and engages the secondary transfer roller which raises it about 1/2 inch.
9. Test Complete and Printer should be working just fine.
10. If you found this useful and it solved your problem instead of purchasing a whole new printer or parts. Buy me a coffee send paypal to email@example.com
I hope this helps you with the 59.99 error.