Re: Print drivers for LJ 400 printer (294 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ralph39
Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

Print drivers for LJ 400 printer

I need the latest drivers for my old lj4000 printers that will run from my print server win 2012 standard.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: Print drivers for LJ 400 printer

Drivers for the lj4000 are not available to download for Win2012 servers. 

The work around would be to install a Universal Print Driver.  They come in three flavors so mix and match until you find one that fits your enviornment.  Navigate to http://support.hp.com and search for "Universal" to review your options.

If that doesnt work then pick any other laserjet driver that you can find pre-installed on the server.  Trial and error a few until you find one that has the features you want and use it as a backup option. 

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
wolfenstien
Message 3 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: Print drivers for LJ 400 printer

Another fix we have been using with our older unsupported printers is after the install of drivers fails, go into printer properties and browse for new driver. Use the Windows xp ,Vista drivers...your choice of pcl 5 or 6. These drivers work well even though some of the powers that be disagree. I have over 400 older models that we do this with.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation