Password reset on HP LaserJet 5200 (5884 Views)
Advisor
Bujar Lushta
Message 1 of 3 (5,884 Views)
Accepted Solution

Password reset on HP LaserJet 5200

Dear All,

Dose anyone know how do I reset password configuration on HP LaserJet 5200 series? I'm trying to access the networking configuration but I do not know the password. I'm able to login to my printer with admin account to unlock the networking tab but I can not log on to the networking tab. I used before HP Web Jetadmin to set device password, from that moment the password which I used doesn’t work anymore.

Please help

Thank you
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 2 of 3 (5,884 Views)

Re: Password reset on HP LaserJet 5200

A cold reset of the printer with the JetDirect card installed will reset the printer and JetDirect card back to factory defaults :-

A cold reset unlocks menus that have been previously locked and sets all control panel menu items (including EIO settings) back to the factory defaults. However, it does not clear the values in the SERVICE menu (such as the serial number and page counts).

NOTE Before performing a cold reset, print a menu map and a configuration page. Use the information on the configuration page to reset any customer-set printer configuration values that the cold reset procedure changes.

WARNING! Performing a cold reset erases all of the EIO card and Jetdirect Inside.

To perform a cold reset

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Turn the printer on. When the printer begins its memory count, press and hold down TICK until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.

3. Release TICK .

4. After SELECT LANGUAGE appears on the control-panel display, press UPARROW or DOWNARROW until COLD RESET is highlighted.

5. Press TICK. The printer performs a cold reset and then continues its power-on sequence.

6. Check all I/O settings and reset any customer-set printer configuration values.

regards

Ken
Occasional Visitor
Kiran Karekar
Message 3 of 3 (5,884 Views)

Re: Password reset on HP LaserJet 5200

Thanks for your help. I am able to reset password of HP LASERJET 5200 printer.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.