PCL fonts in LaserJet P1606dn? (1335 Views)
Advisor
EdwardMendelson
Message 1 of 3 (1,335 Views)

PCL fonts in LaserJet P1606dn?

Does anyone know how many PCL fonts are built in to the LaserJet P1606dn? Does it include only Courier/LinePrinter, or does it have the full set of 45 PCL fonts that are found in most other midrange HP LaserJets?

Many thanks for any information.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 2 of 3 (1,315 Views)

Re: PCL fonts in LaserJet P1606dn?

I don't have access  to the printer in question, so can't provide you with a direct answer.

I'm assuming that you don't have access either, otherwise you could almost certainly obtain the information you require via the Embedded Web Server mechanism.

If you DO have access, you could perhaps also just send a small PCL5 job, which selects a standard font (e.g. Arial) other than Courier/LinePrinter, and see what happens - if you get Courier, then the printer (as you suspect) probably has only a very limited printer-resident set of fonts.

I can generate (and attach to a reply) some sample jobs if this would help. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
EdwardMendelson
Message 3 of 3 (1,310 Views)

Re: PCL fonts in LaserJet P1606dn?

Thank you, Chris. I should have specified that I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a few of those printers, but I don't have access to one. The standard set of 40+ fonts is essential.

Yes, as you say, if I had access to the printer, I could generate a PCL Font List probably via the web server or by downloading a PJL command. But I simply don't have access to the machine. HP used to document these things very clearly and fully, but no we seem to be on our own.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation