P4015 laser printer with "install black cartridge" (3333 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Andrew Barefield
Message 1 of 6 (3,333 Views)

P4015 laser printer with "install black cartridge"

Hi Guys,

Anyone have a P4015 where it displays an "Install Black Toner Cartridge" error. Tried a new cartridge with no fix and also checked the cartridge contacts which look good.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 2 of 6 (3,333 Views)

Re: P4015 laser printer with "install black cartridge"

I had a P4515 a while back that had the same issue. It recognized that a genuine cartidge was installed but shortly after that displayed that message. I ended up replacing the engine power supply (under warranty) that supplies the electical connections to the print cartridge but suspect the contacts for the cartridge were flaky. When I had it working I discovered that there were 2 cartridge contacts on the inside left frame of the printer that would cause this message if they were covered up.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Silviu Dobre
Message 3 of 6 (3,333 Views)

Ran into the same problem.I should have paid more attention to Paul's reply...:(
Failing to do that,I started to replace parts on the printer.
1)Replaced DC controller-same thing(started to swear...)
2)Replaced the power supply-same thing(continued to swear).
3)Checked for continuity between the HV contacts inside printer and the power supply-they were OK (ran out of english f-words,switched on Romanian,a lot more resourceful language from this point of view...)
4) I ended up noticing that one the HV contacts underneath the cartridge (left side of the printer) was slightly pushed in (like 2 mm !!!)
So,before attempting to replace parts on the printer,try to pry up the contacts first.
Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lloyd Parks
Message 4 of 6 (3,333 Views)

Many thanks to Silviu for the advice. Saved me many many hours as well as tons of frustration.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
John Gerbig
Message 5 of 6 (3,333 Views)

Silviu Dobre,
Thank You! Thank You! You have saved me many an hour to fix the same problem. Again Thank You.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NAWZAN NALIM
Message 6 of 6 (2,417 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nawzan

Thank  you very much for saving my time and pressure to get the issue solved

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation