P2015dn takes forever to start printing (699 Views)
Occasional Visitor
wgiddens
Message 1 of 2 (699 Views)

P2015dn takes forever to start printing

Hi all.

We have a HP P2015dn hooked up to a Win 7 x64 laptop over TCP/IP.  When a job gets submitted, it doesn’t start to print immediately, but waits for a long time- at least 30 minutes to print the word test.

I’ve tried the PCL5, PCL6, and PS universal drivers.  I’ve also tried it from another Win 7 32 bit laptop and a Windows Server machine and get the same behavior.

It sounds like the printer is messed up, but when I telnet directly to port 9100 on the printer and do a test print, it prints immediately.

Thanks for any ideas.  I’m stumped.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (681 Views)

Re: P2015dn takes forever to start printing

Is the printer connected via tcp/ip and a local tcp/ip printer or is it controlled by the server.  If by the server, then that could be the issue.  To test load the printer as a local tcp/ip printer by using add printer, local and then create port and standard tcp/ip and use the printer settings.  Driver should be built into windows7 and if not use the update button on the manufacturers page and it should appear when the screen repopulates.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation