P2015dn Paper Jam Light Will not go off (9984 Views)
Occasional Visitor
DONALD BURNS
Message 1 of 12 (9,984 Views)

P2015dn Paper Jam Light Will not go off

The paper jam indicator stays on even though I cannot find any jams. Also, it is often necessary to turn the printer's power off and on between print jobs to get it to work. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!
Occasional Advisor
Rossi Newcomb
Message 2 of 12 (9,984 Views)

Re: P2015dn Paper Jam Light Will not go off

It sounds like your formatter board may need to be replaced. These have been a troublesome part on this model. We service laser printers at my company, and i can't say how many formatters we have had to change on this model.
Frequent Advisor
calkenneth
Message 3 of 12 (9,984 Views)

Donald,

Take a look at this thread in the forums. Lots of people (including myself) have had a lot of problems with this printer falling asleep and not waking up - thus, requiring the power cycle to get it working again.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1163881
Valued Contributor
pritim
Message 4 of 12 (9,984 Views)

Try perfroming super nvram initz..
Steps for the same:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the Go button.
3. Turn on the printer and continue to hold the Go button for at least 50 seconds. During this process, the Attention, Ready, Go lights turn on. Then the Attention and Ready lights turn off, leaving only the Go light illuminated.
4. Release the Go button. The Go, Ready and Attention lights turn on.
5. Press and hold the Go button. All lights turn off. During the next three seconds, the Go, Ready and Attention lights turn on in that order, one per second.
6. Release the Go button to perform the initialization. The control panel lights begin cycling from front to back. After the Super NVRAM initialization process is complete, the printer returns to the ready state.

If this does not work the Fault is the Formatter board and needs to be replaced.

Regards,
Priti
"Try Try Till You Drop Dead"
Occasional Visitor
Victor Colonna
Message 5 of 12 (9,984 Views)

I am having a similar problem, when I power on the printer, the "Paper Jam" light immediately comes on. I tried this method of holding the "GO" button when I power on, but all that happens is the "Paper Jam" light comes on and stays on.

Does this mean I need the Formatter board replaced?
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 6 of 12 (9,984 Views)

if the printers still print with the jam light on,then it may be a board.if either of them won't print at all,then it might be a stuck sensor.
Occasional Visitor
DONALD BURNS
Message 7 of 12 (9,984 Views)

The HP tech had me go through the same routine listed above. My printer still would not do anything but sit with the paper jam light on. He acknowledged that it is the formatter borard.
Valued Contributor
pritim
Message 8 of 12 (9,984 Views)

That is true..so if the printer is still under warranty get the printer repair or the part # Q7805-60002 Formatter PC board assembly - For the LaserJets P2015 with networking - Includes firmware

Regards,
Priti
"Try Try Till You Drop Dead"
Occasional Visitor
Sam Ball
Message 9 of 12 (9,984 Views)

Hi Priti,

Just wanted to thank you for the super nvram initz, worked a treat on my P2015dn. IT was either getting stuck on solid Jam/Toner lights or not paper but this has sorted it.

Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Keating
Message 10 of 12 (9,984 Views)

Also check the Print Engine- there's a small opening below the lower right corner of the formatter board that starts it. If you get a test page with horizontal stripes, the problem is with the formatter.
I've used this test to prove that the formatter board was at fault. You an try to update the Firmware, but my experience is that it bricks the printer 37% of the time.
Occasional Visitor
jim hendershot
Message 11 of 12 (9,553 Views)

you may try to bake the formmater board as this has worked well for me on a few machines. Colud be from bas solidering.
Occasional Visitor
LouDell
Message 12 of 12 (3,502 Views)

I have to perform the super NVRAM several times each day to make my printer work. Is the problem the formatter board or siftware????

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.