P2015 Status lights - Error (1595 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MichaelDorfman
Message 1 of 2 (1,595 Views)

P2015 Status lights - Error

I've got a P2015dn that is not responding.  When I turn it on, I get a solid light in the position with a picture of a piece of paper; if this light were flashing, it would mean that I was out of paper (which I am not).

Unfortunately, this error is not listed in the Status Lights page (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00763669)

so I don't know what to do next.

So: What do I do next?  What's wrong with my printer?

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (1,579 Views)

Re: P2015 Status lights - Error

Typical problem with this series.  The formatter has gone bad.  You can probably fix it yourself with a baking technique.  This is no joke.  Below are instructions and a link to the service manual so you can remove the formatter which is very easy.

Remove the formatter board and remove tape by memory slot if there. Prop up on four corners and place in a baking pan chips facing up and make sure the bottom of the board does not touch the pan. Preheat regular oven to 350F (177C), place in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for 30 minutes and put back in printer. Please do not post to this link that I did it for x minutes and x temperature since that is what has happened to the last thread and confuses people trying to fix theirs. The instructions above work 100% of the time when the formatter has cold solder joints on the main processor. Link to service manual below if you need to see how to remove formatter:

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/HP%20LaserJet%20P2015%20Series%20Parts,%20Service%2...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation