New Firmware for Laserjet 4000 itself (182 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Michael Drammer
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

New Firmware for Laserjet 4000 itself

Hello,

is it possible to upgrade to a new firmware to the Laserjet 4000 family itself ? I got 50 Laserjet 4000 TN at my job and all got the same old revision MOBY3.65. I want to install a newer one, but can't find any information at the homepage of HP. I can just find information about updating the Jetdirect firmware. Hope for help. Thanks

Michael
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jay Bollyn
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)

Re: New Firmware for Laserjet 4000 itself

Michael,

The 4000 printer firmware cannot be updated with software, for instance Web JetAdmin. It might be possible to upgrade the 4000 printer firmware by replacing a DIMM; I am not sure about this.

Are you having a problem that has been traced to printer firmware?

:-) Jay

check Facebook
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA986193
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)

The firmware on the HP 4000 printers is part of the formatter board, you have to replace the board to update the firmware. We had a specific problem that we were trying to get to work and put a new board in one printer. It had the same problem, so we ended printing to our 4000s using the LPD connection, problem solved. It's better to leave these printers as is unless there is a particular problem you can't find a workaround for. And if you do replace the formatter board, the printer loses its builtin serial number and page count, not a good thing if you track these things.

Thanks,
David
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maurice_14
Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)

Hello,

Just goto Hp Webpage and download the HP DownLoad Manager this will search your network and locate all printers and give you the option to upgrade

Maurice
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation