Network Printer (new) will not stop printing P2035n (11065 Views)
Visitor
PLCTrainer
Message 1 of 10 (11,065 Views)
Accepted Solution

Network Printer (new) will not stop printing P2035n

Hello,

I just got a new P2035n printer and installed it on the network, when using the USB port it works great.. but any time I print from any PC (over the network) it will print the same page over and over and over and over

Is there a setting that needs to be changed? I do not see any, its a great printer other then the 50 pages I have printed on my first print :)

I have tried this with 3 PC's and all are the same

The test page only prints one

Thanks!

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 10 (11,063 Views)

Re: Network Printer (new) will not stop printing P2035n

I am a bit confused here.  Is the printer connected using tcp/ip and if so as local to each computer?  What operating system are you using.  Tell you what lets try something.  Write down the ip address of the printer.  Now on one of the comptuers having issues go to printers and faxes and choose add printer, next, local printer, next and at the bottom of the page click on create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip, next, type in the ip address and when you get to the makers pagfe choose hp on the left and laerjet 2200 on the right and finish up.  Now try printing again using that instance of the driver.  Does it work?  If it does you are having driver or installation issues with the way you set it up before.

Visitor
PLCTrainer
Message 3 of 10 (11,061 Views)

Thanks David,

I loaded it the way you said and the same issue (prints the same page again and again). These all are Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit)

I loaded it on a WinXP and it works correct on that PC, so I have a Windows 7 issue.... any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 10 (11,056 Views)

Something is not right here.  Tell you what, you say when you use the usb port it works fine.  In that case connect with the usb on one of the computers and test and make sure it works.  If it does, go to devices and printers on that computer and right click on the icon for the printer with the usb connection and scroll down to the first properties and left click.  Now click on ports, add port and double cllck on standard tcp/ip and then type in the ip address and apply the setting.  Now disconnect the usb cable, send a job and tell us what happens.

Visitor
PLCTrainer
Message 5 of 10 (11,044 Views)

Thanks again for the try...

Same thing, would not stop printing the same page over and over, I set it back to the USB cable and it prints one page

Any other ideas?

The bad part is I love this printer... fast and very clear

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 10 (11,041 Views)

Sorry but I do not have an answer.  Since it works under XP that tells me the nic card on the formatter is fine.  You need to post to a microsoft board where maybe someone else has encountered your problem.  1 computer I could see the operating system, but 3 computers I have no answer.  Only other option would be to connect via usb to one computer and share it from that computer.

Occasional Visitor
OOTTI
Message 7 of 10 (11,002 Views)

We had the same issue. Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), printing to a tcp-port.

The solution was:

- Go to the printer properties

- select the tab where you can choose LPT1, Standard TCP/IP-Port and so on

- UNcheck "bidirectional support"

Visitor
PLCTrainer
Message 8 of 10 (11,000 Views)

PERFECT!!!!!

Thank you very much, I gave up but that worked....

W7 must be looking for a reply from the printer saying that its done... when it does not get a reply it keeps sending over and over

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
Ola123
Message 9 of 10 (8,733 Views)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

It is 1 year later and I had the same problem! I was going NUTS!

Thanks, it is the best help I could get!!

Occasional Visitor
jazz568
Message 10 of 10 (5,351 Views)

I had the same problem on my 1022n and was able to solve the problem with your help. Thank you so much! 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.