[NONE] watermark with UPD PCL6 (2331 Views)
Collector
marm0lade
Message 1 of 4 (2,331 Views)

[NONE] watermark with UPD PCL6

Please see this thread for details:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/Watermark-Printing-quot-NONE-quot-in-new-UPD-PCL-6-Dr...

The issue is not resolved. I have three printers using this driver and one of them, a HP Laserjet 5550dn, is constantly getting the "NONE" watermark even though I have deleted the 2nd "NONE" that the driver erroneously adds to the watermark dropdown. I have installed the driver onto a literally brand new workstation and it prints the watermark even though the driver is supposedly configured correctly. We are using a print server (2K8R2) and the issue propogates to any machine using the 5550.

I have also attempted to edit the registry as another user suggested in the original post, but I do not have a 5th registry entry for "WatermarkPool".

I am extremely dissapointed with the quality of the UPD PCL6 driver. This is just one of the many problems with it.

Occasional Visitor
jake_1006
Message 2 of 4 (2,286 Views)

Re: [NONE] watermark with UPD PCL6

We are also having this problem..

HP-> Pls look into this!

Advisor
Dan Eccher_1
Message 3 of 4 (2,263 Views)

Hi marm0lade,

This issue may have occured after an upgrade from UPD 5.2.x to a later version. Ultimately, the steps to resolve this issue are to delete, and recreate, print queues with the latest version of UPD. These steps can be scripted. If you would like assistance with this issue, please contact the HP support center. 

Thank you,

dan

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Thank you,
Dan

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Occasional Visitor
AltControl
Message 4 of 4 (968 Views)

Hi "Dan", the problem is, I've done that and ran into a hell of problems with the different clients I have. UPD 6 didn't work for Windows 7, UPD 5.3 didn't work for Windows XP so now I have the latest PCL 6 driver for the specific printermodel so people can actually print on both sides and it comes out in grayscale or colour as they specified. Instead of printerese. Why? Because printers. Now, I have the " [none]" and "[none]" problem. Two watermarks, exactly the same as far as I can see but the "[none]" prints a watermark [none] but " [none]" doesn't. Why? Because printers!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.