Message 1 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Mopier? What is it?

What is Mopier?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA1082122
Message 2 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Re: Mopier? What is it?

According to Hewlett-Packard, it's a machine that produces Multiple Original Prints. And that's another term for a high-speed network printer with a high duty cycle that can copy as well as print.

http://content.techweb.com/winmag/library/1997/0101/newpr024.htm
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Annette_6
Message 3 of 9 (1,139 Views)

okay ... so how do I know which is copies and which are the originals or does it matter? Also, is it important for mopier to be turned on?
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA1029997
Message 4 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Wait a minute. Is this a joke?

If a machine produces multiple originals, then they are ALL originals. If you're making copies, then there's an ORIGINAL from which you make COPIES. You don't know which is which?

And, it would seem, if you want to do any of this, the Mopier would need to be turned on!
Be methodical!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Annette_6
Message 5 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Well ... I guess I wouldn't be asking the question if I didn't understand this, so no it is not a joke.

I'm still confused. Do some of the machines have copying capability? I read the site provided but that still doesn't answer my question. From what I gather, all a mopier is ... is just another fancy name. Tell me I'm wrong so I can understand this.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA1029997
Message 6 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Read carefully. The "mopiers" are a family of printers/systems that, more than just acting as network printers, actually will produce finished multi-page documents that are duplexed, collated, and stapled, thus eliminating the two-step process of printing one copy of a document (on a printer), and then taking it to a copying system that will duplicate, collate and staple.

So, instead of a business needing a network printer and a fancy copier system, or instead of printing an original of a document and taking it to the local Kinko's or whoever to make duplicate copies, it can all be done inhouse.

Looking further when searching HP's website for "mopier," they have a list of authorized mopier dealers who sell and support these systems.

Okay?
Be methodical!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Annette_6
Message 7 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Okay, so now I can understand. The term "mopier" means it can do all the things a copy machine can do which include staple, collate, etc.

Since I understand that, then why would I have the choice to turn it on or turn it off? We have an 8000 that doesn't have collation features, mailbox, or stapler. For what purpose do we need it on?

Does it need to be turned on if we don't have the supporting features ... should it be turned on, even?
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA1029997
Message 8 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Turn WHAT on? The whole system? It's also a network printer, isn't it? Or at least a local printer? So wouldn't you want it to be turned on?

I have no direct experience with one of these. Perhaps you should be talking to a dealer who supports these machines, or at least see if you can get a manual from HP so you can see what it does and how.
Be methodical!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Peter te Wierik_1
Message 9 of 9 (1,139 Views)

For a 5Si to become a mopier, an optional harddisk has to be installed. Then, when you enable the "Mopier" feature in properties on the configure-tab, all the data will be written to the harddisk and the 5Si can handle the job as if it was a sophisticated copier.

Without harddisk, do not turn on the Mopier feauture !!! Otherwise the 5Si will allways make one (1) copy of each printout, even if you selected copies >1.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation