M525 Jams on Duplex Only (126 Views)
Occasional Visitor
XYZ_Industries
Message 1 of 2 (126 Views)

M525 Jams on Duplex Only

Hi everyone. This is a new printer. PC 574 simplex, 12 Duplex. It is jamming, most but not all duplex jobs. And only on the second pass/side. It's folding them up in the back instead of spitting them out the top. I opened and checked everything. Looking for any idea's before I ask for warranty repair.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MikeN2
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: M525 Jams on Duplex Only

Can you provide more information on the size and type of paper that is having jams when duplexed?  Is it with a specific media or all media types?

The reason I'm asking is that some media can start to curl when passing through the fuser.  If this happens, it can cause jams on the second side of a duplex job.  The paper can be curled after going through the fuser the first time and catches in the print path.

Information as specific as a brand and vendor would be great.  It is possible your problem may go away with a different paper.

This can be a larger problem with some smaller media (such as A5) because they are sometimes made by cutting A4 in half.  This can result in a paper that is more prone to curling along the print direction.

Mike

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation