Re: M401 SNMPv3, Telnet, FTP, etc.? (256 Views)
Occasional Visitor
OMGanotheraccou
Message 1 of 4 (454 Views)

M401 SNMPv3, Telnet, FTP, etc.?

I have "HP LaserJet 400 M401dn, Firmware Datecode:  20120221".  All the info about this states that it is supposed to have SNMPv3, Telnet, and FTP, but I see no trace of any indication of this anywhere in embedded web server UI, or any docs about this printer, or any support articles about it.

It is network connected (no USB).

I can telnet to port 80 (with the result that you would expect from the embedded web server) so the network is not the problem.

I cannot telnet to port 23.  FTP also does not connect.

I'd also be interested in other features mentioned such as "firewall" and "ACL".

Where do I find the documents that detail all of these features, how to enable/configure/use/etc. them, and so on?

I'm on Linux, so the usual answers about software that runs on MS Windows is out of the question.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Phil.Howell
Message 2 of 4 (424 Views)

Re: M401 SNMPv3, Telnet, FTP, etc.?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Phil.Howell
Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
hoard_master
Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)

The current version of firmware for that product is datecode 20130415 and should have the pro networking features you are looking for.  It is available on hp.com for your product.

The early firmware for the M401 did not have all the pro networking feature sets you are looking with the firmware version you have now.

Although I am an hp employee- I am speaking for myself, and not for hp.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation