Re: Latest firmware breaks font upload into 600n printer, how to go to prev or get past ver? (318 Views)
Occasional Visitor
e-4m
Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)

Latest firmware breaks font upload into 600n printer, how to go to prev or get past ver?

Recently my customer was having problems with one of their two HP 600 series printers. I asked them to update firmware to both to the latest available firmware (July 2013). Now neither of the printers now upload the signature fonts into memory. Problematic printer was at firmware May 2011, working printer was at Dec 2012. How can we go backwards and where is an archive of old firmware?

HP Pro
zou_ch
Message 2 of 4 (332 Views)

Re: Latest firmware breaks font upload into 600n printer, how to go to prev or get past ver?

Hi,

There isn't an online archive, you need to open support case to give you an archive version or corrected new version.
You can check too with memory supplier if he have a new compatible version.

Regards
Regards.

If you like don't hesitate to give a Kudo's (The purple star in the left).

I work for HP, but i'm here to share my personal ideas.
HP Pro
AsuA
Message 3 of 4 (331 Views)

Re: Latest firmware breaks font upload into 600n printer, how to go to prev or get past ver?

It is not advisable to move to older version without HP Support personnel. Can you explain what exact problem are you facing while uploading the fonts. What steps do you generally follow to do it.

Thanks

I am a HP Employee
HP Pro
Sohail_Arshad
Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)

Hi,

Kindly metion the full printer model number or the product number because the firmware file differes for all the printer models.

Moreover to inform you, its hard to downgrade the firmware or replace the firmware with older versions.

You may select the appropriate printer model from the below mentioned link and download the latest firmware for the printer:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=laserjet%20pro%20600%20m&searchtype=s-00...

I would suggest you to contact the Customer Care Center for any furthur queries.

I work for HP in Printer's Department.

Kindly send Kudos if you are satisfied with the suggestion.

Regards,

Sohail Arshad

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.