Re: Laserjet p2015 on XP cannot share to Windows 8 over network (1012 Views)
Occasional Visitor
shubert24
Message 1 of 3 (1,032 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet p2015 on XP cannot share to Windows 8 over network

I have a Windows XP computer with the P2015 printer installed. With another computer running windows 8, I can find the printer on the network, but I cannot find drivers. I tried installing the printer directly on the Pc running windows 8, and it worked perfectly, without any driver. And when I installed it back on the XP, it did not work and asked a driver.

What can I do?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,030 Views)

Re: Laserjet p2015 on XP cannot share to Windows 8 over network

After you install on the windows 8 computer, go to the properties of the printer and then choose ports and then add port and when the box comes up put in the computer name of the xp computer and the share name of the computer on that machine. Use the syntax \\computername\sharename Save the settings. Now move the printer back to the xp computer and see if now works.
Occasional Visitor
shubert24
Message 3 of 3 (1,012 Views)

Re: Laserjet p2015 on XP cannot share to Windows 8 over network

Thanks for the fast response.

It worked, and now I can share it from my windos 8 to all the others on the network!

I've spent 3 days of trial and errror, googling and downloading drivers! I should have asked here first.  But I saw so many threads unanswered, I kept it as last resort!

Thanks a lot!

You're the whole office saviors, DavidZuts.

Hane a great day, cause I will, now!!

Stéphane Hubert

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.