Laserjet P2055 disable RFU from control panel (15049 Views)
Occasional Contributor
mkhess4k
Message 1 of 4 (15,049 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet P2055 disable RFU from control panel

Hello All,

This is in relation to this security bulletin HPSBPI02728 SSRT100692 rev.3 - Certain HP Printers and HP Digital Senders, Remote Firmware Update Enabled by Default.

The security bulletin points to another file "Configuring Remote Firmware Update on HP Printing Devices" located on an HP FTP server.

This document states that this printer has to be upgraded to a current version of the firmware for the disable RFU option to be listed.

I have upgraded the printer to the required version (20111214).

However, I cannot find where the disable RFU option is?  I would guess it would be under the Security "Tab"  but the only option is to RESET the Security settings?

Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor
DoublHH
Message 2 of 4 (15,040 Views)

Re: Laserjet P2055 disable RFU from control panel

Look in 'Service' menu under RFU......

Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 3 of 4 (15,036 Views)

You will probably need to make the change on the control panel. Try going to the "Seup Menu or System Setup" then RFU. The options are "On", "Off",". The default value is "On" – permitting firmware updates. Click "Off" to disable. I do not have access to this printer so you might need to look around in the control panel to find the right option. 

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Occasional Contributor
mkhess4k
Message 4 of 4 (15,020 Views)

ThanksDoublHH
I cannot believe that I missed that. All of the other RFU setting instructions that I have found were under security.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.