Laserjet P1606dn network connectivity (2585 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cmaurand
Message 1 of 3 (2,585 Views)

Laserjet P1606dn network connectivity

I'm having trouble connecting it to the network.  1st they (I have more than one) tell me they are set for manual configuration straight from the factory.  The address is set 0.0.0.0/0.  If I unplug the network cable and plug it back in, the unit tells me its in AutoIP, but looks like its timing out trying to contact the dhcp server (which is a cisco router - 2921) and giving me the 169.254.135.251 address.  The swtich is a gigabit switch, but the connection is negotiating at 100TX-FD.  There doesn't appear to be a utility that would allow me to manually configure the interface (which is what I really need to do.) via the USB interface.  Is there any solution to this, or do we throw these back in for a different solution?

Occasional Visitor
zen0ne
Message 2 of 3 (2,298 Views)

Re: Laserjet P1606dn network connectivity

I am having the same issue. Our office network doesn't have DHCP so I can't get an IP for the web interface. Configuring by USB is ideal. Is that possible?

Valued Contributor
David Fetherston
Message 3 of 3 (2,295 Views)

Re: Laserjet P1606dn network connectivity

I don't have any experience with this particular model but think that you should be able to connect from a laptop with a crossover cable to provide DHCP and get it configured.

I don't know think it would be that difficult for a network person to do, but may be non-trivial if you aren't accustomed to using crossover cables and accessing EWS (Embedded Web Servers) on LaserJets.

The HP Network Diagnostic Utility may help you.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02710141&lang=en&cc=us&conte...

"Ask and you shall receive; ask not, well, you know the drill."
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.