Laserjet 9050 lines and gray background (256 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Michael Woler
Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

Laserjet 9050 lines and gray background

I am getting a few lines and a very faint gray background on copies from my laserjet 9050. The icon on the toolbar to the left of this window: Tasks, Perform regular maintainance, takes me to the upgrade and and migrate page. Anyone have instructiona about how to do the cleaning? Also, i do have a "less than 2100 pages left" notification, might this be part of the problem? Thanks.
Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Laserjet 9050 lines and gray background

Replacing the toner cartridge is the most likely solution. There is not really any maintenance beyond this unless it has printed 350K. You can check the page count on the configuration page (print it from the information menu) and it will show how many pages remaining until maintenance is due. Maintenance is replacing a kit of parts that includes a fuser and rollers.
Occasional Visitor
Michael Woler
Message 3 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Laserjet 9050 lines and gray background

Thanks. Because of the age of the printer (I guess) I wasn't able to get any answers from HP, and am not authorized to pay the $25 required to get support from them. This printer is off of our list of printers supported by our IT department, we are allowed to keep it runnin as long as it does not require a service call from outside. It is greatly needed, ans I appreciate your quick reply. I did look at the page count and we're just up to near 95,000 pages, and I will be replacing the toner cartridge shortly, so that should solve the problem. Thanks again.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.