Laserjet 8150 leaving streaks on paper (1041 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Josh.Woods
Message 1 of 4 (1,041 Views)

Laserjet 8150 leaving streaks on paper

Hello,

I'm having some issues with a couple of our Laserjet 8150's. I'm out of ideas and I need some help. Both printers are having the exact same issue. When anything is printed it leaves black streaks on the paper. I took the toner cartridge out and found that there is toner fused to the roller in the cartridge. I was actually able to scrape it off with my finger nail. I have a feeling that the fuser is getting too hot and has acutally managed to burn the teflon coating off the toner cartridge. We have gone through three cartridges in each of these printers and each one does the same thing. They'll work fine for a few days and then they'll start printing streaks again. I've replaced both fusers as well and have checked the menu option to verify that the fuser temp is set for normal. I haven't tried setting it to low for transparencies, but I shouldn't have to change the setting. It should be able to work on normal without any issues. At any rate...I'm out of ideas and could really use some help with this one. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 2 of 4 (1,041 Views)

Re: Laserjet 8150 leaving streaks on paper

The fuser is too far back to cause the drum in the cartridge to do that unless you are doing duplex printing. I could see in that case there might a chance the paper is way too hot to cause that kind of failure. Are these HP OEM Toners?

D.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Josh.Woods
Message 3 of 4 (1,041 Views)

The printer does have a duplex unit installed. And they do print double sided. And each toner cartridge that has been installed in it is a Genuine HP one.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (1,041 Views)

Check the transfer roller. Sometimes if something is wrong with the transfer roller it will cause a straight line of toner all the way accross the drum which becomes caked on and will not just wipe off. Best thing to remove the toner is a product called Bestine. It is a rubber cement solvent and is available at art supply stores. Works very well on toner image drums.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation