Laserjet 6L won't print via Citrix (99 Views)
Occasional Contributor
CA1084432
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Laserjet 6L won't print via Citrix

I have several PC's linkedto the netwrok using Citrix Metaframe XP FR3. I have no problems with client printers except for one user who has a Laserjet 6L. This autocreates OK but when the print job is sent it appears to print OK from the server side but then sticks in the client machine queue as 'ICA Remote Job'. I'm using the Laserjet 6L driver but suspect there may be a compatibility issue. Anyone have any suggestions as a solution or alternative driver I could try.

Many thanks

Dave
Occasional Contributor
CA1084432
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Laserjet 6L won't print via Citrix

OK, I finally got it to work. The drivers are unsigned by Microsoft :o( and seem to be incompatible with Citrix and maybe Terminal Services. Anyway after trying to disallow the LaserJet 6L driver and mapping the printer to various different drivers in the CMC and wtsprnt.inf, all without success, I tried downloading and installing the newest 6L driver from the HP website (looking for a signed driver). This did not work either although did prompt the user to add paper. I then disallowed the 6L driver without remapping and hey-presto, it worked.

Cheers!

Dave
:o)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.