Laserjet 4300 dtn - 13.20 Jam Inside Rear Door (925 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Madeline Sparling
Message 1 of 3 (925 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet 4300 dtn - 13.20 Jam Inside Rear Door

Today a fuser was replaced inside a hp laserjet 4300 printer. The prev. fuser had paper wrapped around the spool.

Since replacing the fuser the printer is receiving a message on the Control Panel or 13.20 Jam Inside Rear Door.

I have already checked every pathway for paper stuck, checked all the sensors, etc. Also, installed a new toner to ensure this was not causing this message.

It will not allow anything to be printed.

I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this other than sending it for repair to a local repair store.

Thanks for any help on this.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (925 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4300 dtn - 13.20 Jam Inside Rear Door

Maybe the sensor flag on the new fuser has an issue. Did you try putting in the old fuser just to see if it still has the same message. If the message is not there, then the new fuser has an issue.
Occasional Visitor
Madeline Sparling
Message 3 of 3 (925 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4300 dtn - 13.20 Jam Inside Rear Door

Thank you for the response! There was a problem with the new fuser. It wasn't the correct one. Someone handed me the fuser and I didn't think to check the RM number on it. We have 4300's and 4350's. The fuser was for a 4350, not a 4300. The one thing I wish is that they would at least make the fuser different enough that it doesn't fit.

You get a star for suggesting the sensor on the fuser by putting the old one back in.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.