Re: Laserjet 4200 pulls an extra page (324 Views)
Occasional Visitor
SVickers
Message 26 of 31 (428 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4200 pulls an extra page

No, I did not, so I went back and added electrical tape as you suggested.  I also checked the tab to make sure it had not become magnetized - it had not.  I'd like to say I resolved the extra page issue, but instead I've caused another problem - a 13.01.00 jam in tray 2 (the lift motor seems intermittent as well).  Hopefully I can find information on that problem here as well.  Thanks for the help.

Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 27 of 31 (405 Views)

Hello, that jam code could be caused by the sensor in the paper path, it might be stuck in the accuated position causing the jam code. I would fold a manillia folder and push it through the path and see if it fixes the issue.

As for the lifting motor issue, you would be getting a 60.02 error code, but first I would check the tray and see if it is damaged, or if you have a similar model swap trays and see if it still has an issue. If the trays are fine then you would need to replace the lifting motor.

Hope this helps.....

Occasional Visitor
Alias1431
Message 28 of 31 (383 Views)

I have a LJ 9040dn, and it never fails to print out a blank page with each print job. Is there an option in the menu that would cause this?

Occasional Visitor
Hucbald
Message 29 of 31 (338 Views)

Hi--I have the 4200 which is great for my NonProfit. Recently, I  started getting jams under the toner, so I pulled the solenoid, as you suggested, removed all  the goo and applied the 1/16th inch felt. Now simplex works fine but the duplexer jams. I don't see any magnetism on the solenoid, and I would love to keep using this printer, but I need the duplex. Any further suggestions? Could the toner cartridge cause the fault?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 30 of 31 (333 Views)

Since this printer uses a separate duplex unit, odds are the duplex unit itself is bad.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 31 of 31 (324 Views)

Hello, when it jams from duplexing, what is the error code that it shows on the control panel, further more when it jams where does the paper stop or jam? Also, as David said these machines have seperate duplexing units so if it has one on the back I would check to see if the fan runs when you power it on, also try reseating the duplexer see if that helps any.

Hope this helps....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.