Laserjet 4200 Paper Jams Only Tray 2 (868 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Barbara Bisson
Message 1 of 4 (868 Views)

Laserjet 4200 Paper Jams Only Tray 2

We are experiencing continual paper jams from our tray 2 (legal size paper). The paper is jamming just as it starts to feed out of the tray. Our letter tray (tray1) works fine. Do we need to replace some parts? Once we clear the jam we can usually get it to print.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 4 (868 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4200 Paper Jams Only Tray 2

Just so you know your legal tray is probably tray 3 and the letter tray 2 and the fold down manual tray is tray 1. All that said if it works some of the time it is most likely the feed/separation rollers which have worn. Easy to tell just compare the roller in the front of each tray and if the ribs are all gone they need replacing. One thing that you can do until you get replacments is to swap the roller in the tray with the roller in the tray cavity. Now if I am wrong and you are using the manual tray for letter paper the issue is still probably the same. Also check the backstop on the legal tray. There have been issues with the center of the backstop that slides along the center of the tray cracking and then the backstop does not hold very good. It is more prevalent with legal since the backstop will sort of wobble since it is at the end of the track. If that piece is broken, then you will have to replace the tray.
Occasional Visitor
Barbara Bisson
Message 3 of 4 (868 Views)

You are correct it is tray 3 and we are getting 13.01.00 errors - paper late jams. It seems to print 5 or 6 pages and then jams. I took a look at the roller and it does seem like it is worn. How do I find the correct part number to replace it. And where can they be purchased?
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (868 Views)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.