Laserjet 4100 - right half of page faded (1122 Views)
Occasional Contributor
metalhero
Message 1 of 3 (1,122 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet 4100 - right half of page faded

I just performed maintenance by replacing rollers and the fuser using the HP maintenance kit for another issue. It fixed the issue, but now the right side of my pages are very light as if it was running out of toner but the left side prints perfectly. I tried putting the old fuser back in and same issue.

Before I go out and a get a new toner, what could be the problem?
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,122 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4100 - right half of page faded

Couple of items to check. When you do the maintenance kit you change the transfer roller. Make sure it is secured on both side and when you press down on each side it springs back. Do not touch the suface of the transfer roller with you fingers as that can degrade print quality. Do a half test. Put a sheet of paper on the manual feeder and do a self test. When the back edge of the paper enters the printer, quickly open the toner door to stop the printing and remove the toner cartridge. Now move the shutter that covers the toner drum back and look at the part of the image that has not moved from the drum to the paper. Is it dark all the way accross or is it light on one side. If light on one side you may have somehow gotten some residue on the laser/scanner lens and it will have to be cleaned or the toner cartridge has a defect. If dark all the way accross then the transfer roller is the issue.
Occasional Contributor
metalhero
Message 3 of 3 (1,122 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4100 - right half of page faded

Fixed it. It was the Transfer roller. The spring part of it on the right side was loose and causing it to sink down on one side. Clicked it into place and it printed great.

Thank you.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.