Laserjet 4000Tn not detected by HP software Products (197 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Timothy Connolly
Message 1 of 1 (197 Views)

Laserjet 4000Tn not detected by HP software Products

I have a small business with 3 computers. I installed an HP4000TN printer via ethernet port to my linksys router and tried using HP Install Network Printer Wizard for discovery and installation. It could not find the printer. I got the Printer's IP address from its configuration page, entered it on the appropriate Wizard page and still no discovery.

I then downloaded HP Easy Printer Care and tried the same thing - still no discovery.

I am able to "ping" the printer. I also use Network Magic to monitor my network. It detected the printer and added it to the Network Map.

I was eventually able to use Windows XP's "Add a Printer" wizard, creating a TCP-IP port and was able to connect to and use the printer.

According to the Configuration page the following parameters apply:

IP address 192.168.1.103
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
HP Jetdirect J3111A
Firmware revision G.05.35

Would greatly appreciate any advice as to why the HP products will not detect the printer. I suspect, given its age that the printer requires a firmware update but I do not know how to do that without using the HP printer discovery and management properties. I also would like manage the printer with the HP products.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation