Laserjet 4000 Network setup (2933 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Jason Garrison
Message 1 of 3 (2,933 Views)

Laserjet 4000 Network setup

Having trouble converting Laserjet 4000 to network printer, Installed HP 600n JetDirect Card J3110A and cant seem to locate printer on network. On the printer CFG Network=YES* wont stay. It just reverts to CFG Network=No regardless of what I do. Any Ideas?

If it matters its a home network with a XP and a Windows 7 PC.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (2,933 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4000 Network setup

If attached to a router just do a cold reset on the printer. Press and hold the green button while powering on the printer until cold reset appears in the menu and release. When the printer comes to ready wait about 2 minutes and then go to the information menu and print a config page which should contain a second page with the network settings. Use the ip address on the second page if it found one to setup the printer as a local tcp/ip printer. For your information when you change no to yes and select you then hit the item key which then goes to the next item in the menu.
Occasional Visitor
Utahgenealogist
Message 3 of 3 (2,849 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4000 Network setup

Thanks for the cold reset information.  I just got a Laserjet 4000 N and was trying to get it to work on my home network.  The cold reset and then enabling the network got it on my system so that I was able to install as printers on all my machines.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.