Laserjet 4 Form Feed Light (413 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RIk_2
Message 1 of 4 (413 Views)

Laserjet 4 Form Feed Light

On my Laserjet 4, when I try to print, the form feed light comes on and remains on until I take it offline and press the form feed then it prints a blank page with one line of random characters at the top of it. No error messages appear on the printer and I can print a PCL demo test page with no problems. The computer thinks it has printed the document and completed its task. I certainly appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Ben Deemer
Message 2 of 4 (413 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4 Form Feed Light

on your test form, make sure that under 'printing menu', manual feed is set to 'off'.
It should respond to the form feed button while 'online' if waiting for a print job...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RIk_2
Message 3 of 4 (413 Views)

Thanks, I did check and it is as it should be. Under the 'printing menu', manual feed is indeed set to 'off'.
Thanks for the thought though.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Gregg Kimball
Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)

Sounds like one of two possible problems. 1) The document you are trying to print isn't sending an EOF (end of form) to the printer so it doesn't print the last page or 2) which I suspect is the problem because of the one line of characters is that the printer drivers are wrong or corrupt. Try reinstalling or changing the drivers or delete and reinstall the printer.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation