Laserjet 2550 Blinking Lights (468 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (468 Views)

Laserjet 2550 Blinking Lights

After printing 10 pages with this Laserjet I now get the yello red and magenta LED flashing.

Looks that the Printer does not see the 3 Color cassettes. The LED for the Black LED is not flashing.

Has anyone seen this problem and has a fix for it ?

An reply would be appreciated.

Peter Sippli
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (468 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2550 Blinking Lights

Peter,

These are Error Messages. Have you looked into the event log to see exactly which error has been generated? You may just need to clean the sensors.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00159488

Pat

Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (468 Views)

Pat,

thanks for your reply.

I have looked at the Toner Cartridges they are clean and brand new ! It's not that easy.
Have taken the whole Printer a part and put it back together with the same result.

It is that all 3 lights flash at the same time, so it is not a single Toner only.

Have received another mail from a user that had the same problem. The only solution for him was to replace the whole Printer.
He got a refund..
The Toner Cartridges have a PCB with 2 Contacts that hold an IC. Looks that the Information in those is erased thus the Printer cannot detect the Toner Cartridges anymore.

Am waiting for a reply from an HP Support engineer, but it looksto me that I'll have to replace the whole thing.

Best regards

Peter
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (468 Views)

You're welcome.

Pat
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.